Props My Thorssoli Sniper Rifle System 99D-S2 Anti-Matériel [Modified]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halo 1

Hey Marines,

What little of the S2AM you've seen so far that was used in our Fan Film was a kit made available by Shawn [Thorssoli] a whiles back. Took me a while to get started on it, with work and all, but I managed to get it finished in time for the shoot. While putting it together there were some issues that bothered me and these were highlighted to Shawn. And because we were gonna be transporting this up and around, I had to make it modular and that was made possible with earth magnets for the scope, and hex screws for the barrel.

Anyhow, one of the main issues I had was the bipod. The supplied screw wasn't long enough and the swinging legs [while accurate in the game] and lack of support for the entire gun [yes, there is a steel barrel in there] made me rethink that setup. That said, I decided to lose a little accuracy by installing some rails onto the sides of the mainbody so I could use my VLTOR Modpods. IMHO, they had the basic look and since they were side rail mounted, could carry off the overall look of the S2AM.

So, I use 2 of my spare G36C side rails and had them screwed and secured into the mainbody. Because they were a little long, I had to remove part of the side to allow a flush fit.

04072011234-1.jpg

04072011235-1.jpg

The finished mods: By using Modpods, I could swing the legs both forwards and backwards.
04072011236-1.jpg

04072011238.jpg

04072011240.jpg

"Candy":
04072011244.jpg

More pics in abit...stay tuned.

Stay safe,

Tim.

Great use of a wonderful kit. Your paint job is solid and the modifications really work well. Sometimes you just have to let reality win out over game accuracy. Keep up the great work.

so freakin sweet,

Even though its a prop its still one fine lookin piece, only thing that would make that better is if it actually fired! But man you got one sick piece there, great work on the mods!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back