My Warthog WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
dude will that thing really go 60mph? I'd love to see some video of that thing in action. nice work!

Yea, it really goes that fast. Here is a video of a completly stock one doing 63 MPH

This is a slightly modified one doing over 70 MPH

Those are not my videos, but you will get the idea. When my bro finishes the body I'll make some videos of it running and post them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah they are pretty fun to mess with, although I dont know about that traxxas but mine turns on a dime, slightest turn goin 60 could really hurt it :O

this is surely going to be an awesome build. i'm really excited to see how this turns out. if you or someone makes scale marines, you have the makings for an incredible stop motion series

the past few days i been thinking of actually taking this warthog and fiberglassing it and bondoing it. b/c i was going to use it to make molds. only thing is that i would have to chop the top half and glue the windsheild to it to make it 2 different molds. i dont think it would be possible to do it as 1 giant mold. i also know nothing about making casts and mold but have been doing some research. is there any way to do it without using clay for the first half of the cast? or is that basically the only way? the guy who runs a hobby shop we go to said he would sell a few bodies if i casted a few for him. not only that but i could make them plastic. or out of another material other then fiberglass/resin.

ideas/thoughts?

p.s. been buisy this past week guys, sry no updated pics or progress. had to help my bro move over the weekend and next weekend gotta replace the breaks on my car. should get some more work done this wednesday hopefully. RL sucks sometimes. :p

Yeah they are pretty fun to mess with, although I dont know about that traxxas but mine turns on a dime, slightest turn goin 60 could really hurt it :O

Turning at speed is not an issue. The radio comes with an exponential steering feature, just like a real car these days. The faster you are going, the more the servo range is limited.

steering_sensitivity_neg-0-expo.jpg

been busy lately guys. more pics soon. did some bondo work and sanded most of it down. here is a vid on how i will make my vacuum former for my warthog bodies. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
few updated pics. after my first layer of bondo spray painted the body with primer to make the imperfections easier to see. the very top part where its the T-Top is being a pain and starting to break and crack, so im going to have to reinforce it with more bondo all the way around.

100_5187.jpg

100_5189.jpg

100_5188.jpg

heh, thats pretty great... never would have thought of that. personally i would have just bought the normal remote control warthog, but this is waayy cooler. nice job!

This is great! The only thing I can see wrong from the pics towards the beginning is that the WB(Wheelbase) seems a bit long on the body. Are you going to go with 4wheel steer? Next thing you guys should do is grab a few ax-10 axles and transmission, build a custom chassis with 4ws and throw that Awesome body on it. Then you'll be riding in style! With a 35t motor that thing would have torque + a little speed. Not 70mph mind you, but what you lose in speed you gain in power!

Keep up the great work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back