My Weekend...

Status
Not open for further replies.
juliet76 said:
Good to hear that your weekend came together (and apart lol) alright, and that everythings going well. I must admit it felt a bit odd not seeing you on the forums over the weekend. I mean there was no "Lee builds using that" or "I'm drawing this" all weekend, it was great!:lol: :p

Just kidding mate. It's good to hear that everything's going well for ya. ;)

Thanks, buddy :lol:

I myself have found it weird not being here the last couple weekends. I'm so used to popping in here on a daily basis and posting wherever, whenever. And the regular back-and-forth commeraderie is always fun too, heh.

At the same time, I do find it very fulfilling to keep as busy as I am. I'd rather be out and about doing things with people instead of just staying at home all the time.

Given how other things in my life are starting to pick up, I guess it's to be expected I'll have to take a bit of a respite from here each week (most likely weekends), just so I can accommodate everything else :p lol

EDIT: Made it to Page # 02! Who would've thought a topic like this could do that, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yet another update. I know, I know... "WTH? Why's he gotta pollute the forums with his personal ramblings?" I don't know, I just feel like I can share this with all my good friends here. I'm comfortable with that. Don't know if everyone else is (if not, then I'll refrain from doing so again). Besides, I think I'm kinda starting to like this, lol.

Anyway, here's how it went:

Friday after work, went over to the gf's place for dinner. There was a social gathering we could've attended -- one of the other Edward Jones office admins was having a party at a pub to celebrate his upcoming wedding early next month -- but we decided we'd like to just spend some alone time together.

So, we had dinner, then watched "Pride and Prejudice" (the latest adaptation of Jane Austin's novel, starring Keira Knightley) which she hadn't seen yet. I've seen it at least a dozen times since I bought it; clearly, I really like the film, lol. Although, I've never read the book :p

After that, we just stretched out on the couch together 'til about, oh... 3:30 in the morning. We spent probably four hours just lying there, talking. As comfy as that couch was, though, my neck was at an odd angle, so it started to hurt. She suggested going up to bed to get more comfortable, which I agreed.

We must've laid in bed for another half hour at least, just talking. Then we both finally fell asleep, lol.

I have to say, it was nice to be able to do that. Nothing happened, and nothing had to happen. Just spending some quiet, quality time together, talking like we always do. Haven't really had that before, so it was a pleasant change.

Woke up at about 7:30 in the morning (only about 3 1/2 hours of sleep), but didn't get out of bed until 10:00, lol. Had breakfast, then headed out. The plan had been we were going to go down to Dow's Lake to see the Tulip Festival (it goes on for three weeks, this was the second) but the weather literally rained down on our original plans, so we instead went clothes shopping.

For her this time, not me; last time I spent $230.00 by the end of it, so we figured we'd get her a few things this time around, lol.

She and I both had prior engagements to attend later in the day, her to go to a dinner with her best friend Tracy and fiance Dan and their bridal party, to discuss some of the details of their upcoming wedding. And me, to go over to my friend Andre's place to celebrate his birthday.

But, we still had a couple hours left to the day before we had to part ways, so she suggested we go back to my place for a bit. When we got there, we were talking about Tracy's wedding in October, and kinda went off on a tangent and spoke about the sort of things each of us would plan for such an occasion.

By the time she left, we'd both discussed where it would be held (indoors/outdoors), the guest list, the flowers (she prefers daisies over roses anyday) and... with my drawing skills being what they are, even designed for her the custom-tailored dress she'd like to wear.

It was interesting how we just came to talk about all that. Didn't feel weird or out of place at all, us talking about it. I made a joking comment about it being only two weeks in, but the way she sees it, it's been ten years leading up to this anyway. Looking at it that way, I guess it kinda makes sense, lol.

She then left, and shortly thereafter so did I. Andre's party went great, btw. Saw a few friends I hadn't seen in quite a while, so it was good to catch up on things with them. Had just a couple drinks, whereas Andre had a lot, so by the end of the evening he was pretty well wrecked, lol.

Of course, a few of the people there weren't aware of the most recent events in my life, so I filled them in on all that. They were all very happy for me, and all said this one was a keeper. Which is the plan, of course ;) heh

Yesterday, what with it being Mother's Day (mine's been dead and gone for nine years, so I don't tend to celebrate it myself) I pretty much just stayed at home and lazed about the place. Called a few people -- my step-mom, a few friends -- which helped kill at least a couple hours of the day, lol. And, I did get some more time in on finishing up the SPNKr schematics, so I should be able to send off a hard copy to Lee early this week.

Then I'll just have those five other requests to fulfill, lol.

And, uh... yeah, I think that's it, actually. Here ends another installment of the "Life and Times of SPARTAN II" :D

I always like things working out for the better. It's heart warming.

The best news I've run across lately is getting a job interview. It's tomorrow. :unsure:

23Magnum said:
I always like things working out for the better. It's heart warming.

The best news I've run across lately is getting a job interview. It's tomorrow. :unsure:

I know what you mean, buddy :)

Best of luck with that job interview tomorrow, btw. Show the best side of yourself (without sounding too high and mighty, lol), and you'll do just fine :cool:

Well man glad to hear everything's going good for the two of you. Completely get where your coming from with the updates, some things just cause your emotions to swell and you can't help but talk about it, again best of luck to you two in the future.

And good luck on your job interview 23magnum, I myself hate them and hopin I get called back to my job here soon so I don't have to go through any in the near future :p

Wrathchild said:
Well man glad to hear everything's going good for the two of you. Completely get where your coming from with the updates, some things just cause your emotions to swell and you can't help but talk about it, again best of luck to you two in the future.

And good luck on your job interview 23magnum, I myself hate them and hopin I get called back to my job here soon so I don't have to go through any in the near future :p

Seriously, lol. It's been like that for me throughout the last couple weeks. This is just so entirely different from anything I've experienced before. It's great.

Thanks, btw. From the look of things -- albeit only two weeks in, but like she said, technically it's been ten years leading up to this -- the road ahead should be a good one.

Good luck with the interview 23Magnum! :)

SPARTAN II I'm really glad you found someone, it just wouldn't have worked out for us. Sorry buddy. It's me, not you. :p

But seriously, it sounds very much like you guys have the same sort of thing Linda and I have (I'll have to start calling her Lindanator as she joined the forum with that name last week,YAY!), which is really, really great. Having similar interests is a massive help in getting along in a long term relationship. This is the first relationship I've been in where I don't have to try and make it work. It just does work. And I get the feeling you guys might have that too. ;)

Enough bonding! Our weekend was kinda busy. We went to visit Lindanator's ( :p ) family for mothers day and her older sister's birthday on the weekend. We left straight from my work Friday arvo but Linda got out of work late so that put us back about an hour. True to our usual form 6 hours later we made it to her parents place in Nambucca Heads, but I was thinking of you guys at our pit stop where we had some tea-

376ab991.jpg

I tried txting this to SPARTAN II but I don't think he got it.

We talked a bit with everyone and got to bed about 1am. Then we were up and off to her sister's place 3 hours further south by about 9am. Got there in time to help them move all the heavy stuff into their new place (yay ) and to see one of the helpers dislocate his knee cap. So lucky Linda's dad and I were there to help carry his load while he had a fun filled trip to the hospital (an hour away in the next town). By the time we'd moved all the big stuff it was night time so we had a BBQ and a few drinks. I set up their home entertainment system as best I could with the connections they had and then it was bed time.

Got up had some brekky, made sure the home theatre sounded as good as it could and then we drove the nine hours home. Had a good run. I wanted to get a picture of The Big Prawn (Australian highways have a lot of BIG touristy stops along them) to show you guys but it was too dark by the time we got there for a decent photo.

We got home at 8pm too late for me to cut out the bulldog, and last night I was just too tired to operate power tools after work (although I did go to the hardware and pick up supplies for a related build). But we've decided that we've got enough food to last us till Friday freeing me up for this arvo. So hopefully updates on that front soon.

Um yeah. That was our weekend. :)

juliet76 said:
[...]

SPARTAN II I'm really glad you found someone, it just wouldn't have worked out for us. Sorry buddy. It's me, not you. :p

But seriously, it sounds very much like you guys have the same sort of thing Linda and I have (I'll have to start calling her Lindanator as she joined the forum with that name last week,YAY!), which is really, really great. Having similar interests is a massive help in getting along in a long term relationship. This is the first relationship I've been in where I don't have to try and make it work. It just does work. And I get the feeling you guys might have that too. ;)

Enough bonding! Our weekend was kinda busy. We went to visit Lindanator's ( :p ) family for mothers day and her older sister's birthday on the weekend. We left straight from my work Friday arvo but Linda got out of work late so that put us back about an hour. True to our usual form 6 hours later we made it to her parents place in Nambucca Heads, but I was thinking of you guys at our pit stop where we had some tea-

[b]I tried txting this to SPARTAN II but I don't think he got it.[/b]

[...]

Got up had some brekky, made sure the home theatre sounded as good as it could and then we drove the nine hours home. Had a good run. I wanted to get a picture of [i]The Big Prawn[/i] (Australian highways have a lot of BIG touristy stops along them) to show you guys but it was too dark by the time we got there for a decent photo.

We got home at 8pm too late for me to cut out the bulldog, and last night I was just too tired to operate power tools after work (although I did go to the hardware and pick up supplies for a related build). But we've decided that we've got enough food to last us till Friday freeing me up for this arvo. So hopefully updates on that front soon.

Um yeah. That was our weekend. :)[/QUOTE]

BOLD # 1: LMAO! That's okay... somehow I'll manage to cope without you :p

BOLD # 2: That's it [i]exactly![/i] For the first time in my life, I'm in a relationship where I don't have to try and make it work. It does that just fine all on its own. This whole thing with us comes to us so easily and with no effort, it's indescribable. So yeah, I think you're right on that account, buddy ;)

Oh, and that's awesome that she joined the community last week! I can imagine the sort of back-and-forth shinanigans that will be going on between you two here, lol. I'll have to look for her profile and start harrassing her with endless profile comments and PMs (I'm glad I live all the way up here, out of her reach *wrings hands together all evil-ly like*) :lol:

BOLD # 3: I got a couple of your texts throughout the weekend, but unfortunately that is one I didn't *sigh*. That's pretty kewl, though. Glad I finally got to see it, then (already saved it to my computer btw, lol) :)

So... even away from home for a couple days, you end up having to do all sorts of work-type stuff (ie. helping people move, hooking a home entertainment theatre system, etc.). Call me crazy, but doesn't that sorta defeat the whole purpose of going on a care-free trip? :thumbsdown: lol

This maybe a little late, but congrats on getting the girl Spartan II.

Hope you will have a long lasting relationship with her.

-Pony (y) (y) (y)

SPARTAN II said:
BOLD # 1: LMAO! That's okay... somehow I'll manage to cope without you :p

BOLD # 2: That's it exactly! For the first time in my life, I'm in a relationship where I don't have to try and make it work. It does that just fine all on its own. This whole thing with us comes to us so easily and with no effort, it's indescribable. So yeah, I think you're right on that account, buddy ;)

Oh, and that's awesome that she joined the community last week! I can imagine the sort of back-and-forth shinanigans that will be going on between you two here, lol. I'll have to look for her profile and start harrassing her with endless profile comments and PMs (I'm glad I live all the way up here, out of her reach *wrings hands together all evil-ly like*) :lol:

BOLD # 3: I got a couple of your texts throughout the weekend, but unfortunately that is one I didn't *sigh*. That's pretty kewl, though. Glad I finally got to see it, then (already saved it to my computer btw, lol) :)

So... even away from home for a couple days, you end up having to do all sorts of work-type stuff (ie. helping people move, hooking a home entertainment theatre system, etc.). Can me crazy, but doesn't that sorta defeat the whole purpose of going on a care-free trip? (n) lol

Hello Spartan II, we finally "meet"! I feel that I know so much about you, cause Joe never shuts up about the people here, every time he opens his mouth it's all Elvis this and Dave that...... ;) :lol:

Seriously, I'm really happy for you, it's so fantastic to find someone who you can just be with and have no expectations or feel the need to try. You just get along.

Bold # 1: I can't wait! If there's one thing I love it's being harrassed :D

Bold # 2: Helping people move, was unfortunately work, but hooking up an entertainment theatre is not work for Joe, he loves it. He's very much the sound guy, always making sure people are getting the best from their systems.

Good for you SPII, it's really awesome that you're so happy you want to share the love with us

ACDCrockr209 said:
This maybe a little late, but congrats on getting the girl Spartan II.

Hope you will have a long lasting relationship with her.

-Pony (y)

Thanks dude :cool:

Lindanator said:
Hello Spartan II, we finally "meet"! I feel that I know so much about you, cause Joe never shuts up about the people here, every time he opens his mouth it's all Elvis this and Dave that...... ;) :lol:

Seriously, I'm really happy for you, it's so fantastic to find someone who you can just be with and have no expectations or feel the need to try. You just get along.

Bold # 1: I can't wait! If there's one thing I love it's being harrassed :D

Bold # 2: Helping people move, was unfortunately work, but hooking up an entertainment theatre is not work for Joe, he loves it. He's very much the sound guy, always making sure people are getting the best from their systems.

Good for you SPII, it's really awesome that you're so happy you want to share the love with us

Why, hello thar! It's great to finally "meet" you too. If it's any consolation, Mel hears the same thing from me all the time. It's always Joe this and Dave that (I mention Lee a lot, too). So, you're in good company, girl :D lol

For the first time in my life, I'm in a relationship that is just as it should be, in my opinion. Like both you and your beau have said, being with someone I can just be with and have no expectations or feel the need to try too hard.

You guys must have that whole ESPN-psychic thing going on, because you seem to be reading my mind with how you're wording all that. Taking the words right out of my mouth, lol.

Oh, and you'll be pleased to know I've already begun with the harrassment *snicker snicker*. I may not be able to leave your gf alone Joe, heh heh.

Posted a kinda non-sensical profile comment filled with random noises. But don't you worry, there will be more. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH--*cough* *choke* *gasp* *cough* ahem :p

Like Joe was in what he was saying before, you too are right in what you're saying now. In fact, my step-mom went so far as to say (when we were talking last week) that she's never seen or heard me be so happy before.

So, yeah... I'm definately, awesomely happy. Figured it couldn't hurt to share the love with my good friends here. Everyone likes a good pick-me-up every now and then, after all ;)

The happiest you've ever been? I remember someone saying that about me when Joe and I first got together, they don't say that anymore though.......... but I'm sure yours will last :p :D

Interesting comment you left me, I'll be sending one your way soon.........Mhuahahahahahahaha!!! :devil:

So, what are you crazy kids up to this weekend?

Well, like I said it was my step-mom that said that. I myself said I feel "definately, awesomely happy". Admittedly though, I've never felt this way before.

I mean, I'm still all smiles wherever I go, lol. And we're now almost three weeks into it. I even feel a sense of giddiness about all of it, something that I've never really felt with anyone else (turns out the same is true of her).

I figure the whole waiting-for-ten-years thing might have something to do with that, lol.

One of the things that makes this so different from the rest is that we actually talk. Not just about the weather, or "how was your day?" stuff, but everything.

Just last night on the phone -- which we talked for another four hours, 'til about 12:30AM, lol -- she told me something which I can't simply can't go into any detail about here. She was kinda unsure at first whether or not to tell me, not because she was afraid I'd judge her (she knows I'm not that kind of person), but because she was nervous.

My reaction couldn't have been more positive, non-judgemental or complimentary.

Suffice it to say though, what she told me came as a surprise, but a pleasant one. It was amazingly admirable, honourable, and... well, impressive, lol. I've always greatly respected her as an individual, but this made me respect and appreciate her even more.

I have had communication in my previous relationships, but the absolute degree of openness and honesty between us is a very welcome change. It's going to take us both a little getting used to.

As for this weekend, she's driving down to New York with her parents for the long weekend. Going to get in a couple musicals (Mary Poppins, Hair) while she's down there. She does this about once a year with her folks, usually around the start of the summer season. I think it's kewl (the importance of family has always been a big thing for me).

So, we won't be seeing each other until next weekend, when I go over to her place for dinner to meet her friends Tracy and Dan (the soon-to-be newlyweds).

We'll talk on the phone earlier next week after she's back though, so we're managing to maintain some contact throughout.

At the moment, I've got a birthday bash to attend this Saturday night, but as for the rest of it... I'm still working on filling up my social calendar. Kinda funny how, the weekend she's going away, I don't get any calls from people asking to hang out. Go figure, lol.

Oh, and I'm looking forward to the retaliatory harrassment, girl. Bring it on :D heh

Double update. I honestly haven't had the time to post here -- or stop by and visit the 405th -- until now, lol. Not only that, but they finally caught this site at work, so the at-work server restrictions don't allow me to access it during the day.

As some of you know, two weekends ago it was the long Labour Day weekend up here, and the gf had gone on a trip with her folks down to NYC to see the sights and catch a few musicals.

Given the fact I had a whole weekend (and then some) to myself, I decided to fill up my social calendar with time spent with good friends.

Went shopping with my friends Mike and Brandy On Saturday. Just to add a little back-story there, I went through the Theatre Arts program with Brandy at the local college here, and when my ex-fiance broke things off just after graduation in 2003, they were instrumental in helping me "keep it together". So, the three of us tend to hang out regularly.

Back to the shopping excursion... I realized that, although I'd done an adequate job of adding a good amount of casual clothes to my wardrobe, most of what I had was for winter weather, so I needed to add some Spring/Summer clothing to the mix.

We did that for maybe three hours, and I could've gone on longer, but by that point they were both shopped out (light weights, lol). I'd already spent about $300.00 in clothes by then, so I acquiesced to their demands and decided to call it a day with that.

Afterward, we stopped by a store called "Games Workshop" and picked up some Warhammer 40K figures for the table-top RPG. I'd played the PC version countless times and really enjoyed it, so we figured we might get into that and add something else to our recreational repertoire.

They chose the good ol' Space Marines starter package, while I went with the Tau (got a Fire Warrior Team and the XV8 Crisis Battlesuit) :D

All in all, I think I spent close to $400.00 in one day, lol.

We then went back to their place for dinner -- his mom sure knows how to cook, lol -- and then they dropped me off at my friends Don and Steve's place (it was Steve's birthday, and of course they'd invited me). Hadn't seen them in a while, so it was good to hang out with them for the later part of the evening. They had many stories to regale me with of their second trip to Japan, which they'd come back from just last month, so that was good for conversation.

Sunday was pretty much just a laze-about-the-house day, which included doing my laundry, grocery shopping, cleaning the apartment and watching a little TV. Okay, so maybe not such a lazy day; even then I still had plenty to do. Also managed to finish up the front view of the SPNKr for Lee, before I spent the rest of the day talking on the phone to my parents, my nana (grandmother), and a few friends. Good way to kill a bunch of hours, lol.

Monday, got together with my friend Nick, his fiance Marnie and their two little boys. Went to the Labour Day Fair held down by Dow's Lake, then went on a stroll in the same area through the Tulip Festival (that was the last weekend for it).

The rest of that week came and went very quickly, since as I mentioned elsewhere here I was up to my eyeballs in work as a result of the firm-wide system conversion that took place over the long weekend. I'm glad that craziness only lasted a week, lol.

Which brings us up to this past weekend. It was fantastic!

It actually started off on a rather unexpected note, as after I was done work on Friday, I got a call from my oldest friend (known him for 23 years) Riel. He mentioned he was just passing through town for a day on his way from Kingston to CFB Baggottville, but as he'd already seen his parents he wanted to know if I was available.

I hadn't seen the guy since sometime around Christmas, so of course I said yes. He came by my work, and then we went to a pub downtown to have dinner. We only had a couple hours to hang out, but we managed to catch each other up on the more significant things that had gone on with each of us.

I got home somewhere around 9:00PM, and was just so tired I barely stayed awake for another hour, lol. Then I was up at around 9:00AM the following morning, rarin' to go for the rest of the weekend.

Since the gf and I hadn't seen each other for two weeks, we'd decided to make a whole weekend of it. So, after doing laundry Saturday morning (had to switch up my regular routine as I wasn't going to be home at all on Sunday) she came by to pick me up, and off we went to go see the new Star Trek film.

I'd just seen it the week before (went with a bunch of friends on Half-price Tuesday), but enjoyed it so much I didn't mind going to see it again so soon. Besides, the gf didn't really have anyone else to go see it with, and she really wanted to, so I didn't want to disappoint *wink*.

She really liked it -- like me, thought it was a helluva lot better than she'd expected -- and I liked it just as much as I did the first time. Only downer during the film was that the morons running the place decided to jack up the AC on high for some stupid reason. Didn't really deter too much from the enjoyment of it, though.

Afterward, we went back to her place, made dinner and watched a couple chick flicks. It was a given I would be staying the night again as I brought my sleep clothes and toiletries along with me, so after being stretched out on the couch for a while again, we then called it a night and went to bed.

Like the last (and first) time, we didn't actually go to sleep right away; just lay in bed staring at each other and talking (no, we don't ever really shut up, lol).

Sunday morning, we finally got out of bed at 11:00AM, lol. We both cleaned up, got changed, had breakfast and then got to work on preparing everything for dinner later when her friends Tracy and Dan stopped by. We made cookies, lol.

In a completely unexpected turn of events, unlike most times where she's the one who has to do all the food prep/work, this time around she mainly just sat in the kitchen and watched me as I made the cookies and placed them in the oven. I also cleaned and peeled the veggies that were to go into the chicken pot pie that was going to be for dinner.

It was a welcome change for her, not having to do all the work (I'm the kind of guy that likes to help out where I can).

We managed to finish baking the cookies (made about two dozen oatmeal-chocolate chip and oatmeal-raisin) and got the ingredients for the pie on the stove and cooking by the time Tracy and Dan showed up.

As soon as they were in the door, Dan offered his hand to me, which I gave a big squeeze and also gave him a hearty slap on the shoulder. Tracy, who also extended her hand to me, ended up getting a big hug instead. With all the things I'd heard about her through Mel over time, I kinda felt like I already knew her, so figured it wasn't unacceptable to do that.

I then conveyed my congratulations to them on their engagement-and-soon-to-be-wedding. Granted, I knew it had been coming for a while, but this was the first chance I had to tell them personally.

At that point Mel and Tracy went back into the kitchen to do some things, and Dan and I went out front and sat down to enjoy the nice weather, just to talk and do the whole male-bonding thing, lol.

The four of us had a lovely dinner, full of conversation, personal stories and lots of laughs. Once dinner was done, we moved to the living room and talked some more. They left at about 9:30PM. Mel and I spent a little bit of quiet time together, but finally decided I should get going at around 10:30.

The funny thing was, though... neither of us wanted me to leave, lol. She'd even commented on how unbelievable it was that only one month in, I'd already spent the night at her place twice, and now we'd spent an entire weekend together. That's not including some of the topics we've discussed over the last month either, lol. The great thing about it was, it didn't feel weird or anything. It felt normal for both of us to be where we're already at with things.

Of course, we figure the last ten years are a big part of what's really helping things along.

As much as we both would've like the evening to continue, we knew we had to get some sleep before going in to work today, so I grabbed up my things, hopped in the car and she dropped me off. Took me another ten minutes just to get out of the car, lol, but I finally kissed her good night and told her we'd talk later this week.

So... as rediculously-long and long-winded as that was, that's what's been keeping me busy in whatever off-hours I've had as of late. And don't forget, I had to update two weekends worth of stuff, so nyah :sick:

P.S., Now I'm off to adding a few other updates around the 405th. Got a few pics and such to catch up on here, lol.

Loess said:
Sounds like everything is going well for you two, glad to hear that. :D

Going well? Seems to me that they've got a relationship that Disney characters would be jealous of!:lol:

It's fantastic that everything's going well for you guys and good to see you posting incredibly overlong posts again. :p ;)

juliet76 said:
Going well? Seems to me that they've got a relationship that Disney characters would be jealous of!:lol:

It's fantastic that everything's going well for you guys and good to see you posting incredibly overlong posts again. :p ;)

Well... okay, yeah. It does seem that way, doesn't it? lol

It's beyond fantastic, what with how things have progressed and where we're already at in such a short period of time. Definately unlike anything I've been in before. Words simply can't describe it. But again, I think the ten years of waiting probably has something to do with it :)

As for the incredibly, rediculously overlong posts... yep, they're b-a-a-a-c-k. Don't worry, you'll get used to it, buddy :lol:

SPARTAN II said:
As for the incredibly, rediculously overlong posts... yep, they're b-a-a-a-c-k. Don't worry, you'll get used to it, buddy :lol:

Used to it? I think I missed it!:lol: ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back