My Wip On A Mk Vi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hikuro

So, after months of being on the forums and roaming around and such, I thought I'd finally go ahead and show off what LITTLE progress I've made.

I've done 3 helmets, 1 I actually gave away to a friend of mine who was going ape $h1t for a Spartan helmet. Then I completed my first ODST helmet which I just absolutely love after my third attempt. I can't WAIT to fiberglass this puppy. My third one was another attempt at the Spartan MKVI helmet which came out cleaner and better looking than my first attempt in November.

over my weekend I started doing the Bicep/Shoulder armor under the Normal Detail styling, I'm not too proud of it as it seems to be going out of alignment and it's far to large. So I'll have to scrap this sucker and rescale it and tighten that up a bit.

Now as for my helmet, I feel intimidated on doing the visor, is there anyone that would like to help me in making a rather impressive visor that's "accurate" enough? Willing to compensate of course for time and product. I just don't wanna screw it up.

Another is how the heck do you guys handle the HD stuff? I printed out the forearms since they seemed easy but really they're just a pain in the ass with small folds over folds over folds and it's just annoying as hell!

Your pep stuff looks very nice and well done. Crisp clean folds. High def isnt that difficult if you take those annoying close folds at a slow and careful pace. Right now I'm redoing my HD thigh because the first one I made was a little bit too tall for my liking. Keep up the good work, and you should really try some HD files, I think you would be great at it and they would look a lot better than the lower def ones.

Monicator said:
Your pep stuff looks very nice and well done. Crisp clean folds. High def isnt that difficult if you take those annoying close folds at a slow and careful pace. Right now I'm redoing my HD thigh because the first one I made was a little bit too tall for my liking. Keep up the good work, and you should really try some HD files, I think you would be great at it and they would look a lot better than the lower def ones.

HD Thigh? Hm, I never saw that on the wiki, I'll have to look at that. Any HD Pelvis? lol The only one I ever saw was the Norm.

And I did start on my HD Spartan MK VI helmet. I only got the "tube" area and a piece under the chin done for the right jaw. I doubt I'll finish it but I'd like to get at least the pieces for the right jaw cut.

I gotta say I like how flyingsquirl has the parts organized into sections which makes for easier pep assembly and gluing. That's kind of how I did my Norm. MK VI, section at a time, the top was the hardest since everything else was already assembled by that time.

Last edited by a moderator:
The HD cod, thighs, and shin were modeled by crackhead09 and I'm not really sure why they aren't on the wiki page or the pep download hub, if you want a copy send me a pm with your email and I can send the files to you.

Good job man! That will happen... you first will be a realy rough ride... but after that its All smooth sailing from there!

keep it up!

HARR 18 said:
Good job man! That will happen... you first will be a realy rough ride... but after that its All smooth sailing from there!

keep it up!

Indeed, indeed, the first helmet I did was not my favorite. It was far too oversized, about the size of a toilet seat perhaps? But my friend Dabit jumped at the chance to have it because he liked how it looked, of course when he popped it onto his head it went down his shoulders. Hah, wish I had a picture of that.

Second one did turn out so much better in many ways, so it's a keeper for practices! Although I think my ODST was so much better, WHICH by the way here are the pictures for that!

Slacker Icon

Posted Today, 08:51 PM

The HD cod, thighs, and shin were modeled by crackhead09 and I'm not really sure why they aren't on the wiki page or the pep download hub, if you want a copy send me a pm with your email and I can send the files to you.

I found 'em Slacker, thanks, I did some detective work and dunno how I could of missed out on those. They should be placed on the Wiki and it had me very worried that these existed and I didn't know that. Made me think i'd have to carve in the details on the sculpt process.

Cool! I actually accomplished more than my goal for the night. Just wanted to cut the Right Jaw pieces but I did more WOOHOO! Tomorrow, mmmm left jaw? Possible!

Please excuse the poor quality, shakey cam, lack of sleep. But I think I earned my 6 hours.

Awesome, I finished the left jaw and I cut the parts out for the middle. With any luck after I find out where I'll be moving too, I'll have the entire jaw completed, followed by the cheeks and back of the head.

I've been pondering on it, I think the cheeks light parts I'm gonna leave blank. The last time I tried to build the HD version and was doing that was a pain in the ass. Nothing really fit right in my opinion. All those parts do is add a lil depth to the helmet, but took to much time and effort.

I'm not even sure if I'd even want to toy with the idea of putting lights in cheeks. Although it would be authentic, it just doesn't seem plausible with my limited capabilities in electronics.

Started fiberglassing today but I'm a little worried about it. Wasn't able to finish 100% of the outside, but I know the inside will be easier as I'll just roll it in there.

i was going to do my ODST but suddenly I have a tear near the chin. That really put a damper on the event. But it means I can use the norm detail MKVI for practice and whatever I screw up I'll correct on the ODST helmet.

I'll get pictures later

New stuff, like the HD MKVI jaw is finished, and I fiberglassed the outside of the Norm. MKVI.

Not much tonight, did the backside with the floating faces where were easy at first but I screwed up on the left side a bit, bah! And did the side of the helmet just a bit.

I also fiberglassed my ODST helmet, almost got most of it done but the weather started to change so I had too call it a day. I just needed the bottom and it was DONE....damn.

aranath said:
Thank you I have been looking for these files for about 2 weeks ><

Not a problem, I was initially bummed cause I didn't have all the HD files myself until i was pointed on where to go :pthus the life of a noob never ends.

I got a good portion of the HD helmet done, but, guess it might be a little to small seeing how I gotta work it a little over my head. Still, it's not a bad turn out thus far!

It's awesomely better than the norm version.

Okay, so I'm nearly 2/3rds done with it, it's been real hectic trying to keep it going because I had moved to a new apartment in March and hadn't the time to start back up until last weekend.

So I'm having a few difficulties here, I've got the top portion and the visor left to go, and a little bit underneath the helmet and the floating faces then it's done.

But here's the problem, it's the visor, it seems to be layered one set on top of the other, but I can't figure out which pieces go first or anything. They don't seem to connect anywhere that I have numbered according to the edge ID setting I placed it under.

Any advice on this? I need to get that visor finished before I can finish the top of the helmet.

No answers huh? .......well, I'm almost done with the front portion of the top of the helmet. Hoping to finish that all up tonight when I get home around 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back