Myst For Ipod/iphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

BFDesigns

It kicks ass! Works exactly as it did back in the day with Windows 98. I'm really glad that I have a good memory of how to beat it (you don't even have to leave Myst Island to beat it, but where's the fun in that?). If you like Myst, you'll love this throwback!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was debating on getting it, but then I figured that I had already played it before and beat it so why pay on the iTouch. Maybe if I go on a long car ride or flight i'll get it. Alot of the apps out there dont interest me :(

Too big for me ^^ I can't believe the original was that large. So it's exactly the same as the old PC version?

TF_Productions said:
Too big for me ^^ I can't believe the original was that large. So it's exactly the same as the old PC version?

There's some slight differences in sounds and animations but gameplay is exactly the same. And it is much bigger than the original PC game - like 3 or 4 times the size - but they had to do it to make it work with the touchscreen interface.

i will definetly have to get this for my ipod. my dad and brother played all these from start to finish 'cept uru, it's runs kinda weird on my comp plus we don't really like how you have to acctually run around, it makes it less puzzle based. the myst games are freaking awesome! but you gotta have a brain to beat them.

BFDesigns said:
There's some slight differences in sounds and animations but gameplay is exactly the same. And it is much bigger than the original PC game - like 3 or 4 times the size - but they had to do it to make it work with the touchscreen interface.
Unlikely, the touchscreen interface only affects the engine, it's probably the textures which had to be in a higher res than the original, to look okay. Not that I mind, I still play DOS games, but textures in 1993 were pretty lo-res.

Anyway, it sounds so good I might buy it. Just one more question: is it as much fun with a touchscreen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back