n00b and my first helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucasaf

Hey how are you doing 405th?
Well this is my first post...but i have reading the stickers and watching the 405th videos on youtube.
I just finish part of my first helmet...and i would like to share with you guys.

Thank you

DSC03249.jpg

DSC03250.jpg

DSC03251.jpg

Put the visor in!!! adding any liquid like paint, or resin can cause some major warping if there is no visor!

Looks like the brim area is bent sideways a little. You should try to put in a few support struts to push it in place before you start reinforcing the model. If you don't, this is going to be permanent and it'll be difficult to impossible to correct later on.

Well, this looks better ;-)

Still, make sure the brim isn't warped - and stays that way. It's usually one of the major problem spots on Mark VI helmets.

Well, this looks better ;-)

Still, make sure the brim isn't warped - and stays that way. It's usually one of the major problem spots on Mark VI helmets.

I will check every thing now, i can see a lot holes like that one on the brim. I will cover it by inside using the same paper, after that i will use resing.
I live in MA and over here it's getting cold right now...theres is any problem to the resin? i saw the video that is better to dry aroung 60 degrees. Should i wait for a better day?

I will check every thing now, i can see a lot holes like that one on the brim. I will cover it by inside using the same paper, after that i will use resing.
I live in MA and over here it's getting cold right now...theres is any problem to the resin? i saw the video that is better to dry aroung 60 degrees. Should i wait for a better day?

Resin does not "dry", like watercolour does, for example. It chemically reacts, and for that it needs a minimum temperature (should be somewhere above 20 °C and stated on the can) until it's fully cured. Using the resin below that temperature will either prevent it from properly curing at all or decrease the properties of the finished material.

Resin does not "dry", like watercolour does, for example. It chemically reacts, and for that it needs a minimum temperature (should be somewhere above 20 °C and stated on the can) until it's fully cured. Using the resin below that temperature will either prevent it from properly curing at all or decrease the properties of the finished material.

Thank you for your help, i'll try find the best day to start the resin process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back