N00b Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlmightyCory

Hey all, my name is Cory, and a few years ago, I experimented with Pepakura and built a Reach EOD helm, glassed, and bondo'd it. Had a baby and since abandoned the project.

Now, I have moved on to 3D printing a H3 Mk6 set. I plan on seeing this project through, regardless of my frustration. Lol. I currently have the waist printed, assembled, and primed. I've read through many of the stickies in the tutorial section. But, I still feel like my biggest hurdles are going to be the undersuit and strapping. I will greatly appreciate any help or tips anyone can spare as I continue through this project.

Thank you!

20180820_163708.jpg

The under suit may seem daunting but it's really not too bad once you dig into it. electricknite put together an awesome thread about her Reach Noble 6 undersuit that I used as the basis for starting my own.

Order of operations is definitely important and having the armour pieces on hand to figure out where strapping went was fantastic. I did a five hour test wear using a cheapo mock up suit with estimates of where straps would be needed and then adjusted on the real deal. Pro-tip though, leave room for adjusting even on the real deal because you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back