Necro Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the past couple of months i've been a member of this forum I've noticed a lot of this going on.

People reviving very old threads to either ask a question or add a bit of pointless information.

Now this forum seems to come down hard on double posting and other spamlike actions so I was wondering what the rules are regarding the necroing of threads so I know if to report a thread.

Personally I believe threads should be automatically locked after a certain time and then you have to message a mod/report the thread to get it unlocked again but I don't know if that is possible with IPB.

Anyays can anyone help me?

Fragclone

that. OR we could do it the easy way and just leave them be untill someone posts on it. then we can handle it. like we allways do. :cautious: we're old fashion... kinda

Spartan118

Its fine the way it is in my view. Its better than creating a new thread every time some one has a question. Like if my debate thread were locked, if a debater came he would be making topic after topic after topic.

Sean Bradley

Sr Member
I think that it depends on the context of the new comment being added to the dead thread. If you have been searching the forums for answers to a question, and it led you to that thread: post away! If it's just a two word comment, you'll probably get chewed out for it.

Use your best judgement.

AoBfrost

Sawn r right.

Comments like that added to a dead thread are stupid and unneeded, I purposely misspelled his name for fun. Though you can agree with someone, you dont need to make a post unless it brings up a question, or adds to the topic. Like Sean said, post 1-2 word responses to a 3 year old thread, you will be chewed out for it.

cemretas

AoBfrost said:
Sawn r right.
Comments like that added to a dead thread are stupid and unneeded, I purposely misspelled his name for fun. Though you can agree with someone, you dont need to make a post unless it brings up a question, or adds to the topic. Like Sean said, post 1-2 word responses to a 3 year old thread, you will be chewed out for it.
This may be a little off topic, but whats wrong with your photobucket AoB? It needs you to upgrade. I just dont want my stuff to go because of the same reason.

But yeah, sure its reviving old threads, but its better then making new ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.