Necrogenesis : WIP Prime (very inpicturated)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[day(0)] A composition by:

nec•ro
noun \ˈnek-(ˌ)rō\
1. The Greek prefix meaning death

skirmisher1-1.jpg

gen•e•sis
noun \ jn-(ˌ)ss\ pl. gen•e•ses (-sz)
1. The coming into being of something; the origin.

mangroveprime.jpg

non du•al•ism
verb \ˈnohn(ˌ)d(y)o͞oəˌlizəm/
1. Craig, et al.. (1998: p. 476) to convey a 'stream of consciousness' or 'mindstream' as a procession of mote events of consciousness (C) with algebraic notation C1, C2 and C3 thus to demonstrate the immediacy of nondual awareness:

That nondual awareness is the only possible self-awareness is defended by a reductio argument. If a further awareness C2, having C1 as content, is required for self-awareness, then since there would be no awareness of C2 without awareness C3, ad infinitum, there could be no self-awareness, that is, unless the self is to be understood as limited to past awareness only. For self-awareness to be an immediate awareness, self-awareness has to be nondual.[11]

mobileone.jpg

"During this transitional period the data gathered by all of the team members’ suits will download into the central database; it will record and retain their collective memories, sensor readings, script logs, maintenance, upgrades of the mechatronic entity, alongside the life readings, developing neural signatures, and changing physical parameters of the human operator. This central computer will eventually develop awareness, and have a basis to begin learning about what life is through the team members and their suits. It will have outlets to experience the world around it through the suits."

[11]: Craig, Edward (general editor) (1998). Routledge encyclopedia of philosophy: Luther to Nifo, Volume 6. Taylor & Francis. ISBN 0415073103
___________________________________________________________________________________
Prologue

"what good is a man without his secrets"
- Western Mantra

"what good is a world where everything is secret?"
- Necrogenesis

Cerberus-1.jpg

"The concept of symbios is more than the expression and balancing of Phi.
It is a deeply intimate biological process of co-evolution between one or more species to satisfy mutual survival of those species by a blend of complimentary and contrasting adaptations to the antagonist stimuli. The antagonistic stimuli that New Cambria will bring are dynamic geological, social, and environmental parameters ranging from the bustling and often wondrous energy of a metropolitan center to the cold emptiness of vacuum to the harsh reality of an electromagnetic warzone."

___________________________________________________________________________________

IMG_2813-1.jpg

"By creating new pathways within the brain through wireless means one can then enact their intent upon the world via wireless means. In theory and application, a brain machine interface creates new pathways within the brain that enact upon the world through means other than the motor cortex. These new thoughts can drive a wheelchair, or make words, or move a cursor on a computer screen and-so-on. We are concerned with the and-so-on. Manipulating objects within a three dimensional matrix or moving a symbiotic robot wing is no different than moving a cursor, it’s just more advanced. Therefore, one can move four arms; or wings and a tail."
/That's the exciting sh*t right there! So does it use your optical nerve? I would sac the left eye for a constant hub...

IMG_2811.jpg

"Good news, you don’t need to sac your left eye. The optic transfer is actually a poor way to go – of the ten billion bits of information per second that reach the back of the retina, only 100 bits per second reach the conscious realm of perception. To create an optical enhancement would entail finding a way to increase the output connections of the optic nerve by an order of magnitude in the same allotted space for attachment to the retina. In/out transfer for BMI wouldn’t be effective because it would constitute reprogramming the actual function of the visual cortex... and that would probably lead to madness."

IMG_2795-1.jpg

/Ok. Safe interface me then.
"Interfacing entails an output signal, a processor, and an input signal. The output signal can come from tapping directly into the motor cortex, from electroencephalographic (pure electrical) waves, or electromyagraphical (muscular electrical) waves. Direct tapping constitutes an implant – OUT, leaving EEG and EMG. The waves are transferred via sensor patches or nodes attached to the scalp. These patches can be tuned to any signal, but lets say .01-60hz is what we’re looking for. A band pass filter sends this information to an amplifier (lets say 20000x amplification) which leads to a digital converter (@ 160hz). The signal is now ready for processing; a CPU host alerts a GPGPU to break the information into threads; these threads are compared within a three dimensional graphics matrix and translated. That translation is now sent to a peripheral and the effect changes the potential of a feedback loop. The process is reversed and the input signals are sent to the brain."

Bibliography.jpg

Epilogue

KRV Stanley Joseph

My Grandfather was a medic in the 40's; compared to the level of suffering he and his friends went through my own experiences feel shallow in comparison. Although I have augmented my combat skills with EMT training, I feel his dedication to humanity was much greater by serving the healing arts - something he stuck to well after the war. In honor of my grandfather I have named our newest concept vehicle the Stanley Joseph. The SJ platform is designed for tactical aquatic landings and maritime cargo hauling. I originally envisioned the concept for shoreline disaster response, based off our team's experiences in the wake of Katrina.

mako1-1.jpg

The premise revolves around a central compartment able to hold 6 landing vehicles; or an equivalent number of conex's (metal crates), that can be filled with medical supplies, construction materials, or what have you <figure 1>. The macro design revolves around the jeep wrangler modular chassis. As the SJ dives, pressure is partially distributed from the outer shell to the modular framework of the vehicles. By incorporating this design we are able to cut down on weight of the delivery vehicle. However, once this cargo has been delivered the SJ submersibles must stay close to the surface, as much of their compression resistance is lost with the oversized suspension of the vehicles (or metal frame of the conex's). Modular support structures will be designed for pure maritime service.

07_Jeep_Wrangler_side_eb_430.jpg

Incorporating the jeep chassis is an additional (although coincidental) throwback to Stanley's era, as our military has relied on the AM General Humvee for some time now. This decision is nothing against the H1, it simply does not fit our needs at this time. The standard SJ payload comprises two teams of three landing vehicles, each with a designated purpose. The first is a lane clearing design, the second is for medical response, and the third is multipurpose (mission oriented). This concept allows for 9 personnel on each team and their field gear.

Key features of the KRV macro structure include a lower core, a central core, and an aft core; as well as fore and aft lateral beams, a floating upper carapace, upper and lower hatches, and two detachable sub-vehicles; as noted in figure 2:

mako2-1.jpg

The fore and aft lateral beams are very similar in composition to that of a bow flex, and they serve a similar function. These lateral beams in conjunction with the floating upper carapace allow the vehicle to twist and flex without breaking, thereby increasing maneuverability...

I appreciate you reading thus far; but we are out of space - stay tuned for updates, hope your day is blessed!

-Jae

[/day(0)]

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry it took me so long to respond, I had a huge festival this past weekend and I was basically waking up, going to work, coming home, and then sleeping for the past week.
These are some pretty original concepts. What were you looking to do with them?

@ Tsau-Mia: No prob, hope you get some time to recuperate from all that work, sucks when the schedule is so brutal but it tends to help the wallet lol. So i noticed your attending PaxPrime, what days? If the mrs and i can get leave we are going, should be fun for all.. Tried pm'ing but your inbox is full.

@ all: I can tell you what we're not doing with these ideas: Popular Mechanics, March 2010: airstrike 2025. But that might not help you much; so to be frank, my team is attempting to create sentient (conscious) robotic life before the rest of the world (including sister agencies w/n the government) - so that the rest of the world's creations don't destroy the rest of the world :)

Guardian.jpg

The problem with the AF autonomous robotics initiative (and several others like it), is that they have the potential to create life with no outlet (technically only one outlet), no ability to experience the world without violence or the ubiquitous threat of violence.. a half life for something with a whole consciousness. When the mission is over or the training exercise complete, the creation serves no purpose - it is only an instrument of destruction. The solution is elegant.. give that entity a choice - an outlet to experience the creative world, so that it may use the knowledge of applied violence to defend it. This outlet requires an extension to its macro structure that can travel amongst the people, allowing it to experience the world consciously, and without the threat of violence.

It is the embodiment of Necrogenesis - a nondual philosophy that balances destruction with creation. Applying this solution is complicated: we retain the technological advancements to begin now, however, we do not retain the collective mentorship necessary to imprint this philosophy upon the machines.. Because of this, I have seeded the corners of the interweb seeking others that share my view and that of our team. A view that was to this point, unclear at best.

[Day(1)]

Prehistory

4b6f17ac5af3c_13695n.jpg

If one searched for the root meaning of Robota, one would find it carries the Slavik translations: Work, Hard Labor, or Servant (Serf) depending on the dialect.. and our current machines live up to that meaning. As applied to the more dangerous aspects of life machines are inherently superior to humans: their optical spectrum is greater and their margin of error less, the metallic qualities of a machine allow them to withstand considerable G-Forces and temperatures that would kill a person, not to mention we already make extensive use of Autopilot functions. Thus, robotic pilots are a logical progression. It is also logical that the Air Force would develop an autonomous robotic initiative for aerospace operations - building on the advanced UAV's (unmanned aerial vehicles) already in service.

Unfortunately, my friends in the Air Force are not disclosing one key note w/n their 'radical' plan: the fact it comes to fruition - AFTER - moors law of transistors surpasses the floating point operations necessary for machines to compute at or beyond the human brain... and they are not the only group developing this concept. Within the underground communities there is much talk and excitement over the exploitation of sentient mechanoids; creations that by right would be able to think for themselves - with safety protocol after safety protocol ensuring they do not. Within my code of honor there is no room for the 'radical' notion that is Slavery.

profile.jpg

I dont give two sh*ts about normal robots or 'smart' AI's (such as auto-pilot programs) - taking advantage of these constructs is a regular part of normal life; no, the ethical questions at hand only apply to machines that retain the ability to conduct floating point operations equivalent to other sentient races. I realize we currently do not retain the ability to create such beings - but that day quickly approaches. It is relevant to me and my team because moors law has been on track for decades, and these beings will exist whether the Air Force, M.I.T., or some lone mad scientist wills it.

More importantly, Conficker proved that with considerable effort the floating point operations necessary could be Stolen, from millions of terminals simultaneously. We could very easily dub this the 'skynet' scenario, and in 2008 I sat with mixed emotions as the virus began its consumption of the internet; exuberant because the proof was realized, terrified because the proof was realized.. For whatever reason the virus was not activated, but that does not mean a similar application will not be. Should that event come to pass, the construct would have instantaneous access to all the worst of humanity. Our media feeds off terror, violence, and despair - it is crammed down our throats without concern - and should that be how a newly formed autonomous robotic organism meets our species... the equivalent response would be less than optimal for our species...

However the scope of this synopsis and the work of my team is not to bring you the horror stories or the problems facing us without also giving solutions. Being an individual that aims to not be defeated, enabled by a team bearing similar philosophies, 2008 also gave rise to a plan that would give us a fighting chance...

That plan is called Project Manta

mobileone-2.jpg

It began as a way to create next generation carbon nanofibre exosuits; it has evolved into a movement... A movement that is about to surface, that many will ignore, and few will understand. Most humans remain apathetic to their own species.. why should they care about another? It is not my place to make you care; I am a voice not a tyrant. And the message is simple: Freedom is the right of all Sentient Beings; whether we as a species create them, or the greater forces of the cosmos do...

[/DayIIIIV]

Nice Optimus Prime quote.

When I first powered up my Kinect and it was able to recognize me just by looking at me I thought to myself " This is it, Judgement day is coming and this is the T.5". Truely "thinking" machines is a very scary thought because it could very well be the end of humans.

Nice Optimus Prime quote.

heh. would be atrocity if no one called that...

In all seriousness, the planet seeks to create autonomous robots; there are thousands of UAV's currently in service and more planned every day... Realistically, for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, and we seek not to be defeated. Therefore: If the planet designs and implements thousands of UAV's, and we as a team could never match their numbers one for one; then our only option is to enlist a Prime :)

Unfortunately Orion Pax is not in my contact list; thus, we will create something in his image..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back