Necroposting! (and how to avoid it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AI Blue Fox

I understand I'm no mod, but I believe this is definitely something worth commenting on. If the mods see this as unnecessary, please delete at will. Being youngsters to the forum at one point in or another, I'm sure most of us here preformed the forum sin of Necroposting, or posting in a thread were the last post was 1 1/2 or more months old, at some point in our time here. If you look above the users name and avatar, you will see a date. If that date is older then a month and a 1/2 old, the thread is most likely considered dead, and can only really be revived by the owner. One trick I use to avoid this is to only post in threads that appear in the "What's new" section, but use older threads for info and reference. If you yourself have an old thread, and wish to revive the topic or project, you have the right away (unless a mod has spoken to you about this matter) If you have a comment or question for that person on a subject they brought up or suit they made, it is best to Personal message them, instead of replying to that thread or creating a new one. If it is a topic that you believe needs revisiting, or created your own opinion on the subject, I suggest making your own thread on the matter. I hope this clears some stuff up. I would have put this in the noob section, but alas, I'm don't have noob status!

Any additional thoughts, feel free to post below (preferably before 1 1/2 months of last post ;))

Wouldn't it make sense to have the site not allow you to reply to a thread after a certain amount of time? I think so. I also think this site should go back to the "dark" theme, but what do I know?

Wouldn't it make sense to have the site not allow you to reply to a thread after a certain amount of time? I think so. I also think this site should go back to the "dark" theme, but what do I know?
I liked the dark theme too. as for the not allow at all thing, some peole may return to it at a later time (like me) so that they can continue the build.

As a rule of thumb, yeah, after a month, the thread should be let alone UNLESS you are the author OR you have something profound to add to it that warrants bringing the topic back up (better than creating a new thread IMO).

BTW, it was the customization themes that led to the last malware attack, that is why the black theme is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back