Need a little advice on using foam for helmets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I built my Air Assault helm out of foam and it was a very tedious build. I got really frustrated numerous times but I am happy with how it came out. I will be rebuilding one soon, this one has taken a lot of abuse in the past year .
68ff9e2527f8db910cc42950f23b8cba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 68ff9e2527f8db910cc42950f23b8cba.jpg
    68ff9e2527f8db910cc42950f23b8cba.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 125
I would assume that both pep and foam each have their own clicks just as 3d printed pcs do. The biggest thing is having the right tools and a solid plan with a ton of patience

Okay, thank you guys for the advice. I have a lot to consider. Meanwhile, are there any good threads on armor attachment?

I tryed both, pepakura/fiberglas and foam helmets. I never got a satisfying fiberglashelmet and it wasent an easy process for me, working with toxic materials and very mouch the work with bondo never brought the result i was looking for. now iam going 100% for foam and iam happy with it. My first helmet isent perfect but i think the next one will be better just because i learned alot about how to handle the foam. The tools are very important here... now that i have better tools, a selfhealing cuttingmat etc. i have the feeling the working flow with the foam become better every time.
Give both a try with small pieces and then you can consider whats works best for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back