Need Assistance to build armor for my son!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninjadawn

Can someone please help me and tell me how I can download the patterns for this so I'm able to print them out. My son would like to have a halo suit for Halloween this year and I would like to surprise him with one. I also would like to take him to comic con. If someone could please help I would appreciate it. thank you very much

Can someone please help me and tell me how I can download the patterns for this so I'm able to print them out. My son would like to have a halo suit for Halloween this year and I would like to surprise him with one. I also would like to take him to comic con. If someone could please help I would appreciate it. thank you very much
Look in the Armoury. It has sections for different armour sets from all the games, covenant and also weapons.

You need a program called Pepakura designer, though. You can use it to create templates for foam and paper. In the new recruits forum, we have a sticky thread for tutorials on foam, paper, painting, etc.

Google tamasoft pepakura viewer for a free version to be able to view the .pdo files. The .pdo (pepakura) files as Paigan mentioned are all in the armory section now. There are also a lot of .pdf files for foam templates running around also.

If you only download the free viewer or designer from tamasoft..... In order to save a file after you change the scale of it you will have to have the paid version of pepakura designer 4. It doesn't cost much and all future upgrades for the software are free and the license key carries over. Well worth the investment IMO. If you have a silhouette cameo at home tamasoft offers pepakura viewer for silhouette cameo and it is a definite time saver with cutting out the pep files. One of my threads from a couple years back has a video of the setup process and a couple tips I learned by trial and error.

I made a full suit (Noble 6 inspired) for my son and most was pep files and hard. Only the boots and belt were foam. Depending on the age of your son I'd highly recommend doing foam for the majority if not all of the armor and just do the helmet as a pep build. The foam would be a lot more comfortable for a smaller kid to spend time in and a lot easier to repair. Hind sight is always 20/20. LOL.

Best of luck with this endeavor you are about to embark on and as Dirtdives stated you have a lot of people here willing to jump feet first into hell (ODST!!!!!) to help you out where they can. Search around and see if you have a local member that can help you also.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back