Props Need help finishing my MA5C

Status
Not open for further replies.

AGENTREGENT

Hey, guys! So I'm working on my Halo 3 Mk VI armor and decided to build and Assault Rifle but I assembled all of the pieces together except I have 2 chunks that need joining.

Ok, so here is where my problem is:
IMG_5947_zpsaead7831.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I try to join the two together but the paper moves away from the edge:
IMG_5948_zpsd0609516.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

So Does anyone have any ideas or tips? I'm really pissed off about this:
IMG_5949_zpscc3b593b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

If you're interested in this, check out my build thread to see my M6D!

I've made that model before, and I have to say, you might have picked one of the hardest spots to end it on.

Is there any way you can reinforce your pieces to keep the size they need, resin, and then attach? Then the inners would be open to reinforce with rondo or fiberglass. Or maybe another way you could go is too attach this one part with the flaps on the outside and then sand it down after resining?

If neither of these work, you might just have to do what I did. Get a pin, needle, something hard and thin. Poke it down the corners at the seams and use it to press against the flap while you apply pressure from the outside.

What about resining, rondoing, etc your two pieces, then glueing them together and stregthen with more rondo, resin, or fibreglass?

I've made that model before, and I have to say, you might have picked one of the hardest spots to end it on.

Is there any way you can reinforce your pieces to keep the size they need, resin, and then attach? Then the inners would be open to reinforce with rondo or fiberglass. Or maybe another way you could go is too attach this one part with the flaps on the outside and then sand it down after resining?

I was thinking about doing that, or melting down my pieces again and re-glue them in a different order.

I gotta go with Retralpha on this. Finish it in two major assemblies. It will be easier to detail. Before joining the finished parts, you could even add a moving trigger and possibly a mag release if you want to go that far. toward the end of strengthening, add a flange or flanges to the front piece that fits inside the rear piece. For final assembly, interlock the overlapping parts with epoxy. An overlapping joint will be stronger than an end to end butt joint.

Redshirt

I gotta go with Retralpha on this. Finish it in two major assemblies. It will be easier to detail. Before joining the finished parts, you could even add a moving trigger and possibly a mag release if you want to go that far. toward the end of strengthening, add a flange or flanges to the front piece that fits inside the rear piece. For final assembly, interlock the overlapping parts with epoxy. An overlapping joint will be stronger than an end to end butt joint.

Redshirt

Never thought about using this to my advantage for the internals! I think that's what I'll do! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back