Need Help with Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicholas Moore

Ok, so I am finally about to start my Halo EOD helmet build. Bu I am A complete beginner to pepakura and have never built anything with it before. First of all, how to I print Pepakura, do I need some kind of software for it and can I get it on a MacBook computer? And then how do I scale it and everything so that it fits my head properly?

Generally it's easiest to start away from mac. The software you need is called pepakura designer 4. There is a free version and a paid version. You need to remember to scale it to yourself.

As a word of advice: start with a forearm or shin, THEN do the helmet or torso. That way you avoid complicated things and also can see progress sooner.

Generally it's easiest to start away from mac. The software you need is called pepakura designer 4. There is a free version and a paid version. You need to remember to scale it to yourself.

As a word of advice: start with a forearm or shin, THEN do the helmet or torso. That way you avoid complicated things and also can see progress sooner.
Well I’m only doing the helmet at this time. And the only computer I have is a Mac desk top :(
I’m making the helmet with Pepakura and fiberglass resin. The rest of the suit will be made out of foam from a build tutorial I found on YouTube

My only advise is when I scaled my first helmet i made it big enough so that my head fit through the hole on the bottom. But that left such a huge bubble on the inside my head was floating around... not to mention it looked like I was a bobble head.

The one on the right was gonna be full bobble head. The left is gonna be the right size, I just have to make it a two part helmet. (My preference) so I can get my head in it.

My only advise is when I scaled my first helmet i made it big enough so that my head fit through the hole on the bottom. But that left such a huge bubble on the inside my head was floating around... not to mention it looked like I was a bobble head. View attachment 268946

The one on the right was gonna be full bobble head. The left is gonna be the right size, I just have to make it a two part helmet. (My preference) so I can get my head in it.
So yours will be a helmet you put around you head instead of sliding it through the hole?

Yes, two parts that are held together with elastic that will be able to stretch apart just enough to get my head through then squeeze back together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back