Need of Unfolding, Halo 3 Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
A word of caution about these files. They're identical to the ones I found on Google 3D Warehouse and when opened with Pep Designer, there will be lots of open edges but those are the ones that are immediately visible. Many of the parts are simply pushed in and not melded together. They make look solid and continuous but if you look inside the models, you will immediately see those hidden parts that must be edited out and melded to get rid of the open edges. I tried doing some editing with the gravity hammer but I have since put it in the back burner.

As for the spartan laser in the group, I worked on the same exact model before and it's no better than the gravity hammer, which is a shame because this one was made by RaFaEl and it really looks good, albeit with the wrong proportions. I have already unfolded a spartan laser modeled by Nugget. You can find it in his Halo weapons: 3d Models thread or you can get it below:

http://www.4shared.com/file/38513771/ae8b6..._by_Nugget.html

Ral Partha said:
A word of caution about these files. They're identical to the ones I found on Google 3D Warehouse and when opened with Pep Designer, there will be lots of open edges but those are the ones that are immediately visible. Many of the parts are simply pushed in and not melded together. They make look solid and continuous but if you look inside the models, you will immediately see those hidden parts that must be edited out and melded to get rid of the open edges. I tried doing some editing with the gravity hammer but I have since put it in the back burner.

As for the spartan laser in the group, I worked on the same exact model before and it's no better than the gravity hammer, which is a shame because this one was made by RaFaEl and it really looks good, albeit with the wrong proportions. I have already unfolded a spartan laser modeled by Nugget. You can find it in his Halo weapons: 3d Models thread or you can get it below:

http://www.4shared.com/file/38513771/ae8b6..._by_Nugget.html
Yes, thats were I got them, I think...

thanks for the words of wisdom Ral.
I found them to be very hi-def though so thats why I posted them.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, i just got to finishing downloading all of these, and i am kind of skeptical as to whether or not i should go and do this, there are just random polygons and unjoined edges...blah blah blah......

its a mess. I think im just gonna do the H2 versions, they seem a bit easier to handle.

But, if i get it done, its because im a kickass pep god. :lol: just kidding.

That flamethrower is the sickest thing i've ever seen - Its going to take about 250 sheets of cardstock to build though holy crap!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back