Need some help with sparten uniforms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, guys, this is starting to devolve into mindless flinging and making fun of somebody. Try to keep it on-topic and helpful, please.

Ill be working with weilding in the futer. So i think i can do IT i mean i have some years until i will do IT.
the smart ASS WHO dint know there is some thik aluminium and thin. So still IT will work.
if someone made an armor in Eva foam or fiber glas then aluminium will 100% work

Good luck.

"I don't know what's weirder, that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing" - Suzie

Ill be working with weilding in the futer. So i think i can do IT i mean i have some years until i will do IT.

Nobody's saying you can't do it. We're saying you shouldn't, for your own safety.

the smart ASS WHO dint know there is some thik aluminium and thin. So still IT will work.

That's enough of the language, thank you very much. We don't support swearing on the 405th, and we don't support name-calling either. The people here are trying to help you, not put you down, so please - treat them with the respect you'd like to be treated with.

if someone made an armor in Eva foam or fiber glas then aluminium will 100% work

Again, nobody's saying 'it won't work'. We're saying that it is very difficult to construct, not cost-effective and it'll be difficult to wear.

Please curb your attitude. I'd hate to see you get banned.

Brad, I'm starting to take it that you are a forum troll but I'm going to say this one last time. Every option you choose to do will end up taking more and more time and even more money each time than just going out and buying cheaper standard gear then painting it a certain way. Armor smithing is completely different from making armor in EVA or foam/pep (Fiber glass), It takes years and years to perfect the art and months (if not a year or more) to complete the set of armor with the complexity of a spartan suit. What you want to do, plastic, steel, aluminum, IT JUST WONT WORK. The time, money, risks, are just way to high compared to what you can do safe and save money. Please, take the advice of everyone here and don't go through with this, it's not a good idea.

This needs to be said, we are just trying to help you save lots and lots of money and even more so in time. Also, if you get hurt after attempting to use the armor for what we have advised against and try to throw the blame on to us (The 405th), the 405th by definition is not liable as we have time and time again advised you from going through with building your own armor set for the reasons you have said in previous posts (Paintball / Air-soft ) because the risks of you/others getting seriously injured are high.

I will also put this, if you do end up doing this project despite the sites unapproval, I personally would love to see it made by a professional, but do not under any circumstances use foam/pep/cast/etc for air-soft/paintball or actual armor against firearms (real or BB). Please, if you want personalized paintball/airsoft armor, then check out here or here they are professionals who create custom gear for a living and will be less expensive (and not to mention SAFER) than any of your ideas.

First he was making fun of me oh no they where making fun of me. And second tell me how will i hurt my self

Brad, that's enough. People are simply concerned for your safety and want to make sure you don't hurt yourself doing something foolhardy. That's absolutely no reason to have a bad attitude towards others.

image.pngU Said that he was making fun of me.

Heyo, i probably shouldnt stoke the fire. Brad, i can say if you go to use a very thin sheet of Aluminum it is possible. BUT, you could only make (possibly the helmet and chest) I did Engineering last year and the year before for highschool. I used Tig/Mig some sort of electric welder, (shocked myself a few times) and a spot welder. I tried welding thin sheeting of Aluminum, didnt work, either too hot or it just popped off the weld. How ever, i use a slightly thicker sheet and made a helmet (its on my thread). If you were to use metal sheeting, the spot welder would be most practical imo. less worry about messy welding. But that would only work for big pieces, i doubt that you could do the small parts with most welding methods. The tabs is another thing, i saw up a few posts back, youll need a pan brake a small one would do.

Try and imagine putting these together with a welder.
IMG_1898.JPG
I dont want to blab on, but theres quite a fair amount of small pieces. You can leave the tabs on or off. But your welding would need to be great, and youll need varying sizes of grips. Also imagine gripping 2 parts, weld, take it out, regrip it. A good thing about cardstock, the tabs can still bend while putting it together to get proper angels on parts. Once you weld parts together or aluminum, you might end up bending the actual surface rather than the tabs.

This is all in my opinion, but we learn from our mistakes. like mine, Fiberglassing the outside of a helmet :lol

I am also new to this and haven't been a member for long but I have used airsoft before and also my Father used to build Airsoft for a living and your right you could resist it..... for about one or two bullets airsoft can rip through aluminium at close range and also will shatter whatever you use for a visor which will make you VERY vulnerable to a fatal head shot.

Also I watched the video that is an EXTREMELY OLD PAINT BALL GUN plus the paint platter was smaller compared to the usual showing its old cheap paint balls meaning if you try now it will be a lot stronger and destroy your armour in a maximum of 5 shots also if it hits you, you will bruise and possibly bleed just a warning.

Ha u seem to be shouting at week aluminium my father has experienc as well and u can use airsoft visor as a visor there is differnt colors on them

Alright folks...time for the thread to be locked.
BradSparten235 - consider this your first and ONLY warning about language and baiting others. You asked for advice. You got advice, and in my opinion very solid, smart advice. Do what you wish with that advice or not but discussions about using a costume for any sort of protection for any type of activity will not be tolerated. I'm sure there are all kinds of paintball forums where you can discuss this with people and see where that gets you, but it is not a discussion that will happen any longer on the 405th. Should you choose to continue down this path of discussion despite being told not to, I have no choice but to ban you from the forum. Should you continue to ask for advice and then get cranky when it's not the advice you wanted, same result. These people are taking time out of their lives to help you. Appreciate it. You don't have to always follow it but you do have to respect it. And around here under my rule we say things like please and thank you. Mind your manners or find a new place to hang out.

For the rest of you, I appreciate the time you took to TRY to give the best advice you could. However, don't allow yourself to be roped in to these types of baiting conversations. Report it and walk away. I appreciate your assistance in this very much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back