Need Someone To Fix A File For Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.

gingersnapples

i have recently finished a model on sketchup, but i have not the slightest clue on how to convert it to .PDO. (as in not a direct convert).

heres what i mean:

direct conversion (not actual file):

Screenshot-5_17_20102_46_40PM.jpg

not-so direct conversion (made by ACDCrockr209)

Screenshot-5_17_20102_52_09PM.jpg

comment or message me if you are intrested.

Go into Sketchup, go to File, go to Export, and then select Export as a Google Earth file, or .kmz/.kml

Pepakura Designer can then open up either one of those formats.

-Matt

If you're wanting the SKP file diectly turned into a PDO just PM the SKP file to me and I'll send it back to you as probably a fully unfolded PDO

your inbox is full...

@ box o crayons- when i mean direct i mean exporting it as .KMZ and loading it in pepakura designer, for indirect i mean exporting it, loading it in a program like meshlab, fixing out the flaws, and then loading it in pepakura designer.

If that's the case: do as I stated above. To the best of my knowledge, a lot of 3d programs won't open a sketchup, or earth file. If you load into pep 3, you can export it as an .obj, fix the flaws in your 3d program of choice, then reload into pep for unfolding. Keep in mind, I'm just now getting into Blender, so I'm definitely not as knowledgable when it comes to modelling. I'm just trying to help how I can.

-Matt

meshlab will open .dae files and can export them as .obj its quite helpfull... to an extent. niether am i with blender i still think sketchup is much simpler.

Hi,

This is the .obj exporter that I use, it's far from perfect, but it works. OBJ EXPORTER

And this is the importer i use, useful. OBJ IMPORTER

I have been using sketchup for almost three years, and i am yet to find a better, free .obj importer/exporter.

wait does meshlab open up obj's cause then all you need to do is load your kmz in designer press unfold go to file>export>3d object with uv info and your done

i think im sending the wrong idea... converting it to a wavefront (.3ds) file is not my problem, altering it so that the edges conect to a diffrent face, other than a seprate layer behind it is my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back