Need to find some information please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

carnage

Hi guys long time no speak :D.
I've been away for awhile takng a break from costuming and now I'm back.

I'm going to be making an iron man costume.
The only thing is I remember a while back on of us making some masterchief parts i.e. calfs out of something like silicone maybe even dragon skin by smooth on. What ever the material was it could be painted with normal car paint and remain flexible without cracking. I've been trying to track down the thread about this for days now without success.
It's an old thread the maker of this thread also used to put up video blogs on how to paint and build pep models.
So if any of you can vaigly remember what this material is or where the thread is as it showed hows to cast it would be fantastic.
Cheers.

I think the person who did this was "Ithica"

Hey, good to see ya again!! Indeed, it has been a while. I'm working this morning, so I didn't have time to sort through all of them, but I did find a list of all threads that were started by Dave (Ithica) while he was still active here: http://www.405th.com/search.php?searchid=1735508 . I hope you can find what you were looking for. If I had a little more time this morning, I'd try to help more.

-Matt

Thx for the assist but the link wont work for me?
Was thinking more about this and I'm sure he sold a few pieces that where cast in the flexible material.
So please anyone that purchased any halo armour from ithica if its was flexible try to remember what it is made out of ...please.

Oh, if you're after that....he cast those particular types of pieces in Smooth-On Flex Foam-It(?). Adam also used a method of casting latex for a detail layer, then backing it with Flex Foam-It, and proved to be quite durable. From my understanding, the best way to coat them to prepare for paint is using the Plasti-Dip spray, available at Ace Hardware. This provides a smooth, yet somewhat rough rubberized surface, that will accept thin coats of finish paint.

-Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back