Nerf Assault Rifle/bolt-Snub Pistol/maybe Smg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sithslayer78

THIS THREAD IS ALSO PIC. HEAVY!

Found a Really interesting idea the other day at my friends house. I was looking for the live ODST action short behind the scenes on his laptop, but i found something MUCH better. i Found THIS VIDEO.(whom i now know belongs to Moz) When I saw this, I knew I had to do it. I immediately proceeded out to Target (after I went home first) and bought the Nerf Recon CS-6 for 19.99 + Tax.

1022092147.jpg

nerf_recon_cf6_parts.jpg

After Unboxing it i Immediately noticed something else. I saw that the basic unit bore an uncanny resemblance to...A Bolt Pistol. :eek

1022092148a.jpg

16257_md-ImperialGuardVostroyan.jpg

But, I'm not stopping there. Oh, no. I plan on making an Assault Rifle AND a "Passable" SMG out of this awesome kit. I plan on doing simple mods for a SMG, but as for the master project, the Assault Rifle, I plan on using my OLD/First pepakura from the Halo costuming Wiki. For the top and then cardboarding/cereal boxing my way from there. Dont worry, even though i'm winging it, i still have the basic foundations of a plan. Now all I need is Time...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that Nerf gun looks like that handgun from Gears of War. I've only played the game three times, so I don't know what it's called.

That looks AMAZING! Maybe I'll try that next...

However, I have a question that you could probably answer based on the fact that you have made a pepakura assault rifle before. What did you use for the barrel (the part where bullets are fired from, located above the light)?

Queen said:
I think that Nerf gun looks like that handgun from Gears of War. I've only played the game three times, so I don't know what it's called.

You know, I've seen this Nerf gun countless time and I never made that connection. But you're right. It does!

It's called the Snub Pistol.

snubpistolsp81.jpg
1022092148a.jpg

Cool, I have been wanting to make an AR, but pep seems too time consuming for weapons IMO. So I plan on just modding nerf guns. First one is a spiker (Doesn't fire anymore since I painted it. Should have painted it while it was apart), next one will probably be a modded Recon to look like an AR. That or I'll do the sliced AR.

Anyways, good luck on your project.

heres my idea of making 3 guns out of the cs-6

first off you would need 2 CS-6

24domyv.jpg

and one buzz bee plasma blaster

30agzko.jpg

you take the sight attachment and break off the the black sight on both

2uejhpc.jpg

and a ttach the top and bottem barrel of the plasma blaster

29ehi6f.jpg

replase the plasma blaster's light with a small magnalight

give them a good paint job

and boom u have a Ar, Br, and you can take the second gun part of the cs-6 and put a pvc pipe and have

a silenced smg

Update: Working like crazy because I finally have the time. After one night's work, I Finally have a Cardboard/Cereal box/Water Bottle/rondo Assault Rifle! Yay! It wasn't all that hard, the only problem was finishing the building before the Office came on TV at 9. I'm going to spray paint and detail tomorrow. It's no Adam Assault rifle, but i think it'll do the trick. Anyways, here are some pics on my progress.

1022092149a-1.jpg

Untitled-3copy.jpg

Queen said:

Yeah~! I just Noticed that too! Thing is, i Havent played GOW in a long time, but now that i think about it, Maybe i'll make it a Snub pistol too! Thanks!

Boo said:
However, I have a question that you could probably answer based on the fact that you have made a pepakura assault rifle before. What did you use for the barrel (the part where bullets are fired from, located above the light)?

Well First of all, Ive never made a full pepakura AR before. Just the Front half :/. Second, I Cut out the front segment and inserted a rolled up piece of cardstock that attached to the weapon's original barrel after i cut off the front orange piece that has the sight on it. Heres a Pic or two For Visual reference. In the case of pure pepakura, i'd do the same thing but somehow find a way to anchor the barrel inside the front segment to keep it stationary.

Untitled-1copy.jpg

Boryenko said:
Cool, I have been wanting to make an AR, but pep seems too time consuming for weapons IMO. So I plan on just modding nerf guns. First one is a spiker (Doesn't fire anymore since I painted it. Should have painted it while it was apart), next one will probably be a modded Recon to look like an AR. That or I'll do the sliced AR.

Anyways, good luck on your project.

Yeah Thanks! I hate pepakura weapins so i'm just modding nerfs. Question: what did you use for the nerf base of your spiker?(I was thinking a maverick but... T might move on to that next.

S.I.T said:
heres my idea of making 3 guns out of the cs-6....

replace the plasma blaster's light with a small magnalight

give them a good paint job

and boom u have a Ar, Br, and you can take the second gun part of the cs-6 and put a pvc pipe and have

a silenced smg

Thats a great idea, but i'm to impatient and couldn't find a plasma blaster. I planned on skipping the BR and after adding the stock, Flip up and a silencer. Boom, SMG. Then After adding the front and removing the Flip up sight, boom, Assalut Rifle. And after removing all of the parts, Boom, Snub/Bolt Pistol.

Hmm you've given me hope for my dusty old pepakura AR! I might follow what you did and hope for the best! It's looking great so far! I hope to see it once you've finished spray painting it :]

lol nicely done. Always figured the recon would make the perfect base for an smg. But you've really opened my eyes to all the possibilities.Way to go hasbro!!

Untitled-2copy.jpg

I finally finished the assault rifle, and the Bolt Pistols. I really like them and the best part is, that they all still work for Nerf! I bought it to my friend's Birthday party, and after we went to go see "Law Abiding Citizen", We ALL went to target and got Nerf guns and battled it out in my friend's Apartment. When I put it on YouTube, i will post it here. Anyways, All that is left is the SMG component as you can see and i plan on texturing the silencer using fiberglass cloth to get that criss cross pattern and then i will add foam for other detail. After this is done, I will be working on ANOTHER assault rifle for my friend's birthday present (and I will go more In-Depth as to how it was made) and I am turning a Nerf Maverick into a Spiker.

If you have any other ideas for Nerf mod weapons or tips/Feedback on this project please feel free to post it!

Not to burst anyone's Oh-My-God-I-Just-Found-This bubble, but the Recon's been out for a bit over 2 years, now.

That said, I've never seen things of this caliber done with it. Good job to you.

By the by, anyone hear of that Nerf Longhsot that got converted into a Lancer?

SchizophrenicMC said:
Not to burst anyone's Oh-My-God-I-Just-Found-This bubble, but the Recon's been out for a bit over 2 years, now.

That said, I've never seen things of this caliber done with it. Good job to you.

By the by, anyone hear of that Nerf Longhsot that got converted into a Lancer?

yea seen it on you tube awhile back pretty cool

I have to say, I belong to a Nerf Forum dedicated to modifying guns, and while I've seen this approach before, this is the best version I've seen of it yet.

SchizophrenicMC said:

Thanks! and I know its been out a Long time, I just got around to it now after I joined the 405th forums.

Crazy Ivan said:
I have to say, I belong to a Nerf Forum dedicated to modifying guns, and while I've seen this approach before, this is the best version I've seen of it yet.

Thanks A lot! Is it NerfHaven by any chance? I went on there some time ago and 2 hours later, i found myself with a nite finder, Raider, and a Recon missing their air restrictors :)

Thanks for the support guys! After i bought it to my friends house, it seems we all got into gigantic nerf battles... Well anyways, I needed another gun so i went out and bought a raider. Anyone have any Idea of what to turn it into? My first ideas relate to either star wars or WWII, but I cant seem to locate any Halo Inspiration...

Quick tip. I learned from experience DO NOT OPEAN THE RECON. IT IS HARD TO GET OPEN. AND VERY HARD TO PUT BACK TOO GETHER Sorry making sure you understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back