Props Nerf Halo Reach: Sniper Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not Well, I'm sorry to say. Working out the monitor and getting the camera are the main obstacles in getting this thing working. Currently, I really don't have the money to blow on it, as much as I'd like to. So, I've mounted some fake ass-scope onto it and called it a day, for now.
MTIB5.jpg

I'll keep you updated, but as it is now, until I have an actual use for it, this is how it's going to stay. Sorry chaps.
But that's not to say that I'm not open to ideas.

It looks great man, I had the idea of using a Night Owl Night Vision Monocular (NOCX5) for a working night vision scope. The only downside is that it costs about $100 on Ebay and will require a little enginuity to make it all work. It doesn't have the display, but could be like the new Halo 4 scope, with a sight, and a makeshift lcd display beside it. I was thinking of encasing that within a pepakura exterior for mine. I just haven't had the time to do it yet. I hope this makes sense.

You have inspired me to make a sniper rifle with the nerf dart gun. Really good work. Totally subbed this thread. Can't wait for your next update!*

*Take your time though. I know you've probably got other stuff to worry about too. Good work can't be rushed.

i have never been able to comprehend how people can make such good looking props from cardboard. my mind has been blown again.

Five Years. It's been Five years and now this SOB is finally complete. I've abandoned he NV scope because I didn't feel it was worth it, but added in Laser cut overlays for looks. Anyway, here are pictures. Looking forward to rocking this with My Jun Build at Otakon 2015 and beyond! /thread

Before:
88lHM.jpg

Laser-Cut Overlay
BE0JOHf.jpg

HUD View
Z4faiZW.jpg

Final
2Wmh7D0.jpg

Dude this is super freaking amazing!!! You did an excellent job on this. You saw something from practically nothing and you achieved it. This is true costuming and prop building.

Super cool, really great looking, I've actually made one of my own following this tutorial, it's not finished yet, but thanks so much for the awesome tutorial!

Update!

Not much has changed in the sniper, but I've made a few modifications. First, I 3D printed the flash suppressor to make it lighter, and I added a special attachment!
UH8BsX9.jpg

That's right! For your consideration, the SRS-99-AM-SV: Otherwise known as the Selfie Rifle!

Its controlled via smartwatch (linked via Bluetooth) and is attached using selfie stick parts and 3D printed parts.
8jQUJIT.jpg

Wzqma6u.jpg

PtVm5FM.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back