Props Nerf Ma5B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moz

[media]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=6vd7dkjp1oM[/media]

I originally built this rifle for a costume because I wanted something that would look nicely detailed compared to the relative simplicity of the suit. Originally it was just a silver nerf recon but over time I started to customize it as the suit was upgraded and made more complicated. I decided to keep all the functionality of the nerf gun to give me something to show off. (cocking, loading, etc) This project has been on and off for about 2 years now. I occasionally touched it up here and there and added some more detailing. As it is tied to the now retired costume I haven't given it much attention. I recently found it again and though I should share it since I have gotten so many messages about it on other sites.

img0252ou.jpg

I took the cowl from the infamous knock off dollar store assault rifle.

img0256it.jpg

img0258wf.jpg

The rear part of the stock made from resin coated matteboard and the bits of a second Nerf Recon.

img0277f.jpg

img0284c.jpg

I actually don't remember where the hand grip came from, might have been a buzz bee rapid fire. (edit you can see in the picture above that it is)

img0286yp.jpg

img0287z.jpg

Here you and see the version that I wore last, the black undergrip was a poor imitation of Halo 3 assault rifle and the flashlight had to be removed to be activated.

img8676z.jpg

I ended up repainting the handgrip, wiring the light to a switch on the nerf lasor site and weathered it. I lost a magazine so I ended up buying the spare magazine dart pack and painted up two new mags with it.

img8677l.jpg

img8679u.jpg

As for the future of the rifle, I don't know. I get a lot of messages from people interested in buying it so I might ebay it. I've done the master chief two years in a row and likely won't again. I haven't upgraded it since it never was intended for any nerf battles so I doubt any hard core nerf people would want it. We'll see

Cheers

That's a awesome as hell rifle what does the store knock off assult rifle look like (the green part) because now I wanna go find the knock off rifle and do a mod like this just need to find the knock off first so any and all info on it would be helpful.

I like the idea. A few aesthetic discrepancies (And I'm too keen on them right now; I've been drawing the MA-5 a lot for the last several days... >_<), but a definite improvement over that green piece.

Suddenly, I wanna take a Buzzbee Belt Blaster, and make a Spartan Laser out of it.

Buzz+Bee+Belt+Blaster+03.JPG

129360-9.jpg

The resemblance is uncanny! :lol

and bungie.net has it on the front page as well. not bad for something thats pretty damn old eh?

Dude You also made the front page of HBO. I might make one too... Not to get on HBO or anything. I just wanna use it at the local games of Humans vs. Zambies. :cool

Exactly how big is the recon, from barrel to stock. I'm gonna make a pepakura shell to go around mine, but I'm gonna start before it gets shipped here

I just love how Bungie knows and loves this site. I guess it is just free publicity for them! Hopefully that doesn't change with the activision deal.

Great little build though if I ever seen the little buzzbee toy I will buy and mod it.

wow this looks absolutely amazing

is the detail mainly from the nerf gun or did you add it yourself?

btw, its been seen across the "interwebs" on a lot of sites

Wow, extreamley good work with turning the Nerf gun into a MA5B.

You really used inovated meathods to get an amazing result with the look and function of an awesome halo prop.

Great work. Keep it up.

P.S. I might use the same method for my halo assault rifle if you dont mind.

Andrew

i must admit... i saw the iphone next to it... and i immediately though "oh snap, it is controlled by an iphone somehow"

:p

eventhough it isnt controlled by the iphone it is still awesome, and using the already made attachments of the nerf rifle to go from pistol to assault rifle is beyond sweet

but now i gotta look at all of amazons nerf collection to see if i get inspired

i must admit, i really want to do something with this Nerf N-Strike thing

416S91DJYXL._SS400_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back