Props Nerf Plasma Rifle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sithslayer78

My friends and I usually get together and have Nerf battles occasionally and one of my friends had an old magstrike... Anyways i tried to get one, but they were discontinued, so I got a Rapid fire (which promptly Broke) Anyways, At Target, I saw one on the shelves! Apparently they decided to restart sales, and I miraculously found one on the shelves which I IMMEDIATELY brought!

Boxed

514cuLooKFL_SL500_AA280_.jpg

Open

0118001722.jpg

So after I brought it, I remembered what my friend said about it that first Nerf battle, about that it could be plausibly be modded into a plasma rifle. Now, I love Nerf, I love Halo, so Nerf + Halo = Epic win for me! So I modded it with cardboard and a short saw cutoff and got:

0115001503.jpg

Now if you plan to do this I WARN YOU NO NOT SPRAY PAINT THE INSIDE OR THE CLIP!!! If you do, The clip will not slide easily and therefore, the rapid fire and will not work.(if at all) I had to go get another one to correct this. Howevern the old clip works in the new gun, so i might make two to dual wield!

And I Painted it afterwards!

0118001805.jpg

0118001805a.jpg

Tell me what Ya think about it!

Last edited by a moderator:
hahah that is really cool! , i wanted to do a halo odst smg out of the nerf recon cs-6 and best thing is about yours , you can still fire it nice work

Hot mah damn, I never thought of doing that to my Magstrike. I just ripped it apart to try and see if it was possible to put the parts in a Longshot. Needless to say, that failed miserably.

I'm gonna have to buy a new one, glass and bondo some curves onto it, and do that, myself.

Advice for the clip: it's feasible to paint it, if you sand enough of its surface off. Make sure you hit it with clear coat, though, as the paint will just flake right off, otherwise.

I love Nerfhaven for nerf modding.

Hmm... You should make blue Stefans*. That would be awesome.

*Homemade darts, made of foam backer rod with a weight adhered to the end. I've seen blue FBR.

Huh, :unsure this'll come in handy when i sell my nerf guns. i was gonna sell them as a bunch, but this'll be nice by itself.

It shocks me to see just how many Nerf modders are out there. Too bad NerfHaven shuns us, and our practices.

Oh well.

I was thinking about doing this, and now I might.

With a pump and tank relocation this could work for me. (I'm a perfectionist xD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back