New building idea needs programmers

Status
Not open for further replies.

WARlock

Jr Member
If you are skilled at C, C++, C# and or graphics programming using a few engines and are interested in an armor building idea/project PM me with skills and possible examples of work. The project will benefit the community by making the armor building and sizing more exact. Think Ironman 1 when Stark is using the hologram projectors to design the arms and legs. Think an actual interactive Cortana.

And please only serious inquiries.

Thanks

Your basically wanting a interactive program that people can put thier hight of themselves into the program and then the program can put out the sizes needed for eah part of the suit am I correct? That can be done with either C++, Python or with LUA programming I've got a few friends that could probably help you with that.

This could probably be done with Java?

Don't get me wrong, it's a seriously interesting concept that I"m surprised nobody has thought of before, but from what I've gathered myself this program would merely be a calculator that will give you all your sizing things in one go instead of you manually doing the math for each one?

And sadly, I suck at comp programming, so I'll have to sit on the sidelines and watch as it becomes awesome.

Thanks, I didn't know if anyone would respond and or take it seriously. :D

Both you and Bloodl3tt3r are correct, Nintendude. However the executuion is completely different and will lead to the kind of things that will really change a few things or at least make them easier. In the next week I will upload a proof of concept to show more of what can be done. For now I will ask for discretion until I can prove the ideas valid. People have been jaded enough at false claims and VaporWare work. PMs are great and discussion here will be limited somewhat until "pictures and/or it did/didn't happen". I will appreciate any help I get though as I am only one person and this requires a few to fully pull off. Especially if they are more skilled than me (hopefully). I will just Blog/develop things here for the community first and the world later.

As an expedient to the Proof of Concept, would anyone happen to have a model (textured/animated slightly) of Cortana or better a Cortana Clone that will not violate anyones copyrights or intellectual property? Sometimes POC's are more poignant when they feature ideas or projects close to the audiences tastes.

Nintendude, if you do not mind I will use a couple of your models for the POC. I will credit you in any pictures or videos. If you have a URL to add, let me know.

Thanks all. Wish us luck.

Ok, if I got you right ( I hope I have), you would like a program that can tell what kind of scaling you need if you are x height? And possible calculate every part individually.

I work as a C/Java programmer, when Im not at school, like now at the summer. The problem is not creating the program, but you would need a huge database of how every single piece should be scaled. Im sure if someone did this everyone would be very happy :D But its alot of work, and the programming isnt the hard part at all, execpt making a nice interface.

As WARlock is descriping above, the thing is you want a really nice interface for this :) And that is almost all we need + the database for how every piece is calculated.

Kind Regards,
/Tahu

Actually you are both far off base. Sorry I didn't respond sooner but I was doing code to try to show "proof of concept". I'm at the final stage, so to speak, where I can now input one of Nintendude's models and show what I'm striving for. Most of the basics have already been done. I expect to have a video in the next several hours or tomorrow at the very latest. I meet my original coding deadline of Wednesday so now for the next series of finalizations.

Nintendude, maybe your friends could help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back