Props New DMR work in progress (rather pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loves hina

Jr Member
I started work on my dmr a couple days ago, and Ive got some decent progress to show.
IMG_0389.jpg

IMG_0393.jpg

IMG_0394.jpg

IMG_0395.jpg

IMG_0396.jpg

I still have some peices to work on, and finish up the ones there before i glue anything.
This is my first weapon build, so what do you think?

Wow, it looks amazing so far. Looks like it could use some smoothing on the corners of the handle and the grip. Are you doing this completely by reference or are you using a sliced file?

@ markanator
the main peice is from a peice of .75 inch thick poplar, which is a good hardwood, which is strong but works easily and smooths well. the thinner peices are thinplanks of basswood from hobby lobby.
@mikey and Phenom
ive yet to work on the handels yet, those are just the blanks. im going to smooth them out as well as add a thin peice on to add the details. I got the sizing information for the lenght from LO5T V1K1N6, and had a blueprint like picture printed out full size for reference. and nothing is glued together yet. ive got bit of work to do one verything here, but i should have an update on the handle tomorrow.

I started work on my dmr a couple days ago, and Ive got some decent progress to show.
IMG_0389.jpg

That's my DMR in that big ass picture! =D

Oh my God, dude, this looks amazing! You definitely got the details on the mag well and such down better than I did, and the overall shape is PERECT =D
I'm watching this thread like a hawk now haha. Keep up the awesome work brother!

Edit: If I could make a suggestion, If you're going to make the cheek guard as a seperate piece like I did, you might want to cut out the shape of where it will be on the piece with the triangles if you haven't glued it on yet. That way it will fit better and it will make making the cheek guard easier to build as you won't have to make up for the pronounced 1/8" that the triangle piece has.

Cheers!

Looks great, and looks just like Lost Vikings, which I saw he was advising you. That is great. It always nice to see other woodworkers on here.

thanks alot man, thats great coming from you. Im just hoping mine comes out even close to as good as yours. and i have to thank you for the original sizing information the most.

@V1K1N6
im actually going to sand out the triangle peice a bit thinner, and then smooth it out with the same angle as the part its on, so it wont look like a seperate peice.
@LeeKeegan
its and honor just to have you post here, its great to finally work on this, ive wanted to make a weapon out of wood but never really had the time or initiative, although ive always had the tools.
@bulldogresler
The rail is metal, its aluminum i believe. i ordered that froma place on ebay.

Did some work today. Been busy the last couple days but i got some good progress today.
finished the handle parts today as well as glueing and smoothing out the triangle parts.
IMG_0398.jpg

IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg

IMG_0401.jpg

IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0397.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back