New Guy From North Of The Border.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xenovidx

Hello from Canada, Eh!

Howdy folks, so imagine my excitement when late last night I'm browsing youtube's various collection of useless videos when I stumble upon this gem on..... wait for it........ HOW TO CREATE HALO ARMOR!!!! Well needless to say I was more excited than any kid on christmas, but I won't lie, I have no idea where to begin!

Now I've been up and down the site and seen various works in projects as well as the various guides but I'm wondering whats the easiest route to take? I have no idea where to purchase many of the necessary supplies, such as fiberglass mat, and was wondering if there was anyone that could help point me in the right direction. Is it possible to do a suit of armor in 4 months? Or am I insane? Haha. Well either way, I look forward to talking shop with all of you and hope to start my own project shortly. I'm not exactly new to working with this kind of material, or fine sanding, and I've done a fair share of autobody and bondo work, so I'm looking for a medium, to high detail Mark VI project, but I've seen various ones done by various people and was curious as to which would best suit a 5' 11' man looking to show some real authenticity. Thanks for your time everyone!

Hi

Well, to answer your first question, a suit of amour can be made in 4 months, but the quality might come out bad. And to your other question about your height, the is a way to scale pepakura files with pepakura designer(only this will do that) to fit your height. That is why people dont share armour, because it is all custom made.

I hope that answers your question, if not please use the stickies right above the N00B forum topics list.

WOOO!!! Fellow Canadian brother! Wuzzup man! Welcome!

Check out the Canadian Reg. Roll Call Thread so you can keep track of who's were in Canada, and to see if anybody is near you.

Link: Canadian Reg. Roll Call.

CHEERS mate, and hope to see some progress from ya soon!

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. I managed to find a supplier for the aqua resin (http://www.sculpturesupply.com) and was curious as to the actual amount needed as they only sell it in 1 quart, 1 gallon, and 5 gallon containers. 2 quarts should suffice I believe, but I don't want to be wrong haha. Other than that I think I should be able to find all the other supplies locally.

Nice... another Canadian... from the other side of the country

I would go for:

HD flying squirel helmet (but get some pepping practice before you tackle this) on the wiki
HD forearms
HD cuisses (by crackhead) on the wiki
HD shoes (by crackhead) on the wiki

the rest could be done with:

Mr oreo low cuting med biceps
Mr oreo low cuting med torso (just put some detailing afterward in the back piece from flying squirel hd torso)
Mr oreo low cutting med greaves
Mr oreo low cuting med space diaper

Everything that is med def can be enhance with a good bondo job and some carved detailing if you have time

the biceps an the forearms are a good way to practice your pepping skills... and your sizing skills... what is you body type... I'm 5'11" athetic build (circus artist, 31" waist) I could share you some of my scalling for these pieces... might speed up your process.

Have fun

(as for the budget... prepare for 300 to 500$ depending on the amount of bondo, faceplate type, and all the other stuff you can put in your build, LED, the strapping, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back