New here and to 3d

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeastBuster

Hello 405th! I just signed up even though I have been a regular visitor to the site for quite awhile now. Admittedly, it was my intention to wait until I had completed my first set of armor before joining up but unfortunately, half my armor is in storage.

So in the mean time, I decided to pick up 3d modeling. I have always wanted to learn it so with nothing better to do, I sat down and started learning Blender. My first complete model is the Multi-threat shoulder from Reach. I only noticed after I finished it that there was already a model for it but the community has duplicates of other files and it was mainly a learning experience anyway. I do not know how good it is but if someone wants to look it over and maybe unfold it for the community, they can.

Multi-Threat Shoulder

I have always been fairly ambitious, so for my second project I decided to do a helmet. A helmet without a lot of reference pictures lol.

Halo_3__ODST_Concept_Wall_by_Dread_Kestrel.png

This is the helmet I based my model on. With this being the only real good picture of it I had to get creative and used pictures of other ODST helmets to get the proportions and for details you can't see in the concept image. I would really appreciate a veteran modeler taking a look at this and see if everything checks out, is ok for pep, or even if they think they can modify it to make it look even closer to the concept image. Assuming that the model is okay, or gets fixed, I would also love to release this model to the community if somebody would unfold it. Here's the link for the model.

ODST Concept

Looking forward to being a part of the community!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back