New Iron Man Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.

dung0beetle

New helmet now Free!

Download the .pdo here.

Download the .pdf here.

Password is: pepakurapropforum

Here's a video of my new Iron Man helmet. The "ears" are modeled inside of the helmet (to make it easier to see when I unfolded it in Pepakura), so they are separate objects which aren't visible in the video. I will have it available for purchase on my blog as soon as I figure out how much I want for it. I'm still working on the hinges, and I've decided that there isn't enough room inside the helmet for the mechanics to make the neck telescope in on itself and still fit your head inside, but I've modeled the hinge for the mask to open properly. It turns out it was easier to do than I had expected. I will make the hinged version available at a later date.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXTTs5xQcfU

The new helmet is unfolded and ready to go, thanks to MrOreo123 for unfolding it!

[attachment=14831:devB.jpg]

[attachment=14832:devA.jpg]

This helmet is Free through Saturday, the 6th. at 11:59pm.

Click to download!

Of course this comes out when I'm halfway done with your old model :p. Personally, I actually like the older one better, but if this is more accurate I'm sure plenty of people will love it. However I, like Rebostar, am cheap. So, I downloaded it just in case I ever needed it.

Rebostar said:
Downloaded now because I am a tight-assed, penny pinching miser.

I love your work though. :)

Wow....I DO have something more in common with someone on here besides just props:D .

Kudos, great model Dungbeetle!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just trying to make it available to those who are normally not able to make credit card or paypal payments online. Pm your friends who you know are working on Iron Man stuff, so they can grab it while it's here. Thanks everyone!

unheared said:
please can you tell me the eyes are they optional or are the a must ?

thank you foe sharing its a great pep

They are optional, you can build it without the eyes and mouth sealed. If you have pepakura designer, you can cut the sealed part out and not print it, or you can just not include it in assembly.

Here's some pics of the finished pep. Bear in mind that this is not the final unfold. You will notice that the mouth is not sealed in this one. It is the one I had started before I realized that it was too narrow in the back. It fits my kid, so I finished it. Hopefully the weather will get warmer and dryer so I can fiberglass this thing.

Snap-1.jpg

Snap-2.jpg

Snap.jpg

Please excuse the crappy webcam pics, I misplaced my camera again :/

Edit:

I forgot to mention that I figured out how to make the neck collapse up inside the helmet like in the movie. When the weather improves, I'll post a tutorial. Basically, after fiberglassing, you cut the 2 lower sections off from ear to ear and use the earcap as a knob to rotate the lowest section up. The next one up will be atatched to the other one by straps. As you turn the knob (earcap), they rotate up inside.

dungbeetle said:
They are optional, you can build it without the eyes and mouth sealed. If you have pepakura designer, you can cut the sealed part out and not print it, or you can just not include it in assembly.

Here's some pics of the finished pep. Bear in mind that this is not the final unfold. You will notice that the mouth is not sealed in this one. It is the one I had started before I realized that it was too narrow in the back. It fits my kid, so I finished it. Hopefully the weather will get warmer and dryer so I can fiberglass this thing.

Snap-1.jpg

Snap-2.jpg

Snap.jpg

Please excuse the crappy webcam pics, I misplaced my camera again :/

Edit:

I forgot to mention that I figured out how to make the neck collapse up inside the helmet like in the movie. When the weather improves, I'll post a tutorial. Basically, after fiberglassing, you cut the 2 lower sections off from ear to ear and use the earcap as a knob to rotate the lowest section up. The next one up will be atatched to the other one by straps. As you turn the knob (earcap), they rotate up inside.

so are you saying that the helmet is improperly scaled? cause im about to make it and i dont wanna waste ink.

dungbeetle said:
The new helmet is unfolded and ready to go, thanks to MrOreo123 for unfolding it!

[attachment=14831:devB.jpg]

[attachment=14832:devA.jpg]

This helmet is Free through Saturday, the 6th. at 11:59pm.

Click to download!

sorry, why I cant download this file??

its say that the file has been removed...

dungbeetle, please upload it again...

Thanks a lot!!

I made it a freebie temporarily, but members of the 405th get a big discount. My other helmet is still free, so you can grab that one if you like.

I have just started the build. So far it is awesome and goes together so smoothly given it is made up of less folds. Smoother lines. WIll make everything else that much easier.

MR Dungbeetle~ Im new here. Can I have the ironman helm pep? Coz I screwed up a lot of my helm and the pep that I have is not that good.

Thanks

Just an FYI for anyone making Dung's beautiful helmet. Don't upscale it. I did and realize now that my helmet is large enough to fit an elephant. I unfortunately am rebuilding a accurate scaled one. Using the scaling already set in place.

However I can tell you that this build is beautiful when finished and creates much better curves. The seperated ears are awesome also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back