New member - build virgin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan6285

Evening all, after 5 yrs of lurking on the RPF and admiring the 405th builds (via Google Images) I've finally taken the plunge for my first foam build. Your builds are amazing and can only hope for mine to be anywhere near your skill levels.

Had a quick look at the armoury but can only see helmets and chest pieces. Please help a beginner out, where can I find templates for the complete suits?

Thanks in advance.

Dan

Everything is in the armory. You just need to look. Most are available in a .zip file that provides all the basic stuff for a vanilla suit, and others include a lot of the permutations. You're definitely going to need more than a quick glance through there, unfortunately.

Also look into armorsmith. I have no experience with it, but I want to. It's an amazing program when compared to pepakura driver, which I use, and is also great.

Everything is in the armory. You just need to look. Most are available in a .zip file that provides all the basic stuff for a vanilla suit, and others include a lot of the permutations. You're definitely going to need more than a quick glance through there, unfortunately.

Also look into armorsmith. I have no experience with it, but I want to. It's an amazing program when compared to pepakura driver, which I use, and is also great.
Thanks Sean, every zip I open only shows helmet and chest so not sure what I'm doing wrong. Looking at the Recon suit for reference.

Thanks Sean, every zip I open only shows helmet and chest so not sure what I'm doing wrong. Looking at the Recon suit for reference.
Are you looking for a Halo 3 or Halo Reach suit? Those are all based on one core suit, Mk. VI for Halo 3 and Mk. V for Halo Reach, that you add more parts onto to get your final costume. For each of those you'll just have to download the appropriate base suit and start tossing out things you don't need like the helmet, shoulders and chest attachments and add in your Recon ones.

Without sounding like an idiot I dont know the difference between the two suits you've mentioned. Looks like I won't be able to build it as all files are pdo (not pdf) and work won't allow me to install software to view pdo. If anyone knows where to find pdf I'd be grateful. I did Google but they are all pdo as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back