new member, long time guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chupathingy said:
I was kinda surprised that the torso has a sealed bottom, i've seen support struts before, but a solid piece is new too me. What 3d program did you use to build these with? the only one I am familiar with is Blender, but I haven't had any experience with it. Thanks a ton! I am so bookmarking this page for the files!

EDIT: oh yeah, and I like the neck on the helmet! and welcome to the glorious 405TH!

-Chupa

P.S. If you could make a simplified SMG (absolute favorite gun EVER!), I would love you forever dude! (in a totally manly non-gay way of course!)

Thanks, Yeah I see all the peps with the supports. As the title says I have been lurking in the back ground for some time now. When I started this there weren't all that many peps to choose from. So I decided to try to make my own. The software I use works better with closed models, and not so good with un-closed models and supports. I use Wings 3d the most and many other programs just to get the file to import with fewest problems. I find Wings 3d easy to subdivide the faces of a model. But first I used milkshape to weld all the points together. This is my favorite feature of milkshape. I am still trying to teach my self Blender, but with all my time going to other things, like Halo Armor. I just don't have the time. I know that there may be better way to get the same result, but I have a small budget to work with for software.(FREE, I have to reload my computer when I need to use milkshape again, trial version.)

I hope to start on weapons after the armor is finished.

Spartan 051 said:
it nice to see low res models because all you get now adays is hd that take million years to fold
I was not sure if there would be an use for my pep files but, maybe? Thanks!

peegot said:
SpaceDrake is wicked awesome with the 3D stuff (Wings & Blender - I think). I'm still in the "struggling phase" with those but with the amount of time I've been able put in, I shouldn't be any good :) . Once my troops' Pinewood derby race is done, I'll have more time - I hope LOL :p Both our wives think we are kinda crazy but my Boys(8 & 10) think this is awesome!!

BTW - Nice quote from Boondock Saints Spartan 051 - Space drake introduced me that movie too!
Yeah, the wives think this is just nuts. But they just don't understand. Peegot, you just don't have the time for the software, that is why I am here.

SPARTAN II said:
Well, I think that could be said of any of the membership. We're all here to "do our part", be it in the way of contributing with Pep armour files, suggestions on techniques, et cetera. It's all about sharing our knowledge and encouraging one another's efforts ;)

With what you've done thus far, I am certain you'll make some good contributions to the community.

As for the whole quotes thing, don't worry about it. You'll notice that a lot of members here arrange thier replies in the same manner. It's just easier to reply back to everyone at the same time, since the last time the OP was in the thread.

P.S., Thanks for the birthday wishes, heh

Thanks Spartan, I hope to be able to start paying more attention to the other post and helping out. I am working overtime on the pep models now that I have started posting. Thanks for all the support.

preskewl said:
welcome to the boards and it's nice to see you contribute with your peps.. keep it up !! it's nice to see alot of new members that will build our community to the best it can be.. :)

Thanks, I will continue to work at it, this is just a great site. Everyone always posting with positive feedback and sharing as much as they can.

Thank you all,

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice! I can't wait to see the whole suit. I'm new to this and it's good to see another alternative set of pep for armor. Keep going and post more pics of progress!

(Note to self: buy more cardstock - another armor to make)

tlither said:
Very nice! I can't wait to see the whole suit. I'm new to this and it's good to see another alternative set of pep for armor. Keep going and post more pics of progress!

(Note to self: buy more cardstock - another armor to make)

Thank you, I am planning on finishing before October. I have 3 other friends that will be using these suits also. So the plan is Halloween. I plan on updating every weekend with my progress. I hope that the peps are up to the sites standard. The helmet seems to be the same size as a motorcycle helmet. Which is about 1 cm larger than Flyingsquirl's HD helmet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Updated the my photos with this weeks progress.
It may seem that I am not working very much, but I am. I just have to share most of my day with my job.
They get kinda upset if I stay home to work on my armor. I really don't think they understand. I guess not everyone can.

Thanks again for any comments and suggestions.

Ok jango i noticed u posted on several threads that are months old.
We have a rule here about that its called no necro posting that means if nobody posted on it for about a month it is dead and you shouldnt post either.
Just letting you know so you can stop and dont get banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back