New Odst Helmet.

MacDan

This ODST helmet is so amazing. I want to get started on it, but I have a question about scaling it. Is this like a once-size-fits-all helmet, or will I have to scale it to fit my head.

I'm 5' 6, skinny, but have an abnormally (added for dramatic effect) large head. Any info will surely help. Now I'm hoping I don't get grilled.

ACDCrockr209

Perhaps we will see the same treatment used on a Dutch helmet?

Great job!! I was terrified when I looked at those small folds!!! It's better just to carve them in that to pep them in.

-Pony

Tafumi

Jr Member
Much appreciative to Rundown for the base file and Smile for his rework!

I'm currently working on a WETA but I'm going to give a crack at this one once I'm done!

Xenocrates

Jr Member
Since it hasn't been answered yet, does it need to be scaled at all? I tried scaling it to what I used for Ral Partha's version and a few pieces couldnt even fit.

Also, when I print, should I say yes when it asks me that question, or do I say no?

smilie120

Sr Member
Since it hasn't been answered yet, does it need to be scaled at all? I tried scaling it to what I used for Ral Partha's version and a few pieces couldnt even fit.

It's scaled to the same size as Rundowns previous helmet. I've nearly finished mine.. Fits my melon pretty well actually :)

Xenocrates

Jr Member
Awesome, can't wait to get started on it.

I have 12 pages of Rundown's printed though, so I may give that another shot (yes, it will be my 2nd attempt >.<)

if it's too hard, Im going to go with this one.

Xenocrates

Jr Member
Alright so Im printing out as we speak, and when pepakura asked to resize it, I said yes.

Plus I noticed this looks like its not going to have valley folds? Anyone please help? Should I have not resized it when pepakura asked me?

It looks like its going to work just fine but I just hate wasting ink and cardstock

smilie120

Sr Member
MJOLNIR Warrior said:
Alright so Im printing out as we speak, and when pepakura asked to resize it, I said yes.

Plus I noticed this looks like its not going to have valley folds? Anyone please help? Should I have not resized it when pepakura asked me?

It looks like its going to work just fine but I just hate wasting ink and cardstock

I set the setting for:

____________ - Mountain Fold (solid line)

------------ - Valley fold Dotted.

So basically it looks a lot cleaner because there's a lot of mountain folds I don't like having dotted lines everywhere it looks messy and in-professional in a papercraft.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheMarzRover

smilie120 said:
Same here :)

Ignore my messy old desk, and the bad quality picture (Iphones camera isn't the best)

smilie,

how do you make your folds and gluing so perfect?

Xenocrates

Jr Member
smilie120 said:
I set the setting for:

____________ - Mountain Fold (solid line)

------------ - Valley fold Dotted.

So basically it looks a lot cleaner because there's a lot of mountain folds I don't like having dotted lines everywhere it looks messy and in-professional in a papercraft.

Alright so all the solid lines are mountain folds. Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification. (I looked at the settings on pepakura 3 to make sure)

Going to be using viewer closely as I work on this, and I noticed you worked from the bottom up, so Im going to follow your path because last night on viewer I was seeing which pieces go where and on which page. So this is going to be much more fun.

sierra092

How do you change the fold line settings Smilie? On the first odst you released it had - - - - - - as mountain folds and _______ as valley folds, that'll confuse me loads during pepping as i'll cut something i'm meant to score.