New Recruit & EOD gear question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan Skrall

Good morning all!

I've just joined in order to start building my own foam costume, i've already got a host of materials (cutting knives, impact foam, contact glue, glue guns, super glue, more than enough glue) but i'm trying to find the foam pep' files of the EOD helmet. I've found the paper ones which looks pretty awesome but i'm struggling to find them for foam (which obvious wouldn't work so well compared to paper)

Anyone able to give a fellow spartan a hand?

-skrall

Helmets are the one thing I'd strongly urge you to create from cardstock as opposed to foam.

However, it's possible to edit the files yourself to be suitable for foam - just give it a shot. Either way - you're going to need to specify WHICH EOD helmet you want as a foam template first. There are three variants (Reach, H3, H4).

Helmets are the one thing I'd strongly urge you to create from cardstock as opposed to foam.

However, it's possible to edit the files yourself to be suitable for foam - just give it a shot. Either way - you're going to need to specify WHICH EOD helmet you want as a foam template first. There are three variants (Reach, H3, H4).

It's the reach varient i aim to build, though for my first try i've grabbed a foam pattern Mjolnir air assault helmet, which after i've an hours work i've managed thusly;

n4e6uqj.jpg

Once i build this i might try a card stock helmet and see what the comparative capabilities of each are. I don't mind a show piece helmet but i do want something with a bit of practical feature to it.

-skrall

Attachments

• n4e6uqj.jpg
    n4e6uqj.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 157
The first helmet I made was from foam, it didn't turn out well at all. So now I've made my next one from card stock, much better. But I've also seen some people make brilliant foam helmets, I guess it largely depends on the helmet and the reinforcement inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back