NEW start!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrentawreck

ok so after my last build got crushed in the moving process i have decided to re start with a slightly different approach. there are no photos ate the moment however i am going right down to the under suit and building up. i am now working on the reach ODST loadout and was am currently going ahead at full steam :3 however i am wondering if any one could give me any advice on the thighs and the shins or if any one could direct me to a pep i can use :) ty

so far i have
gauntlets/ peped with foam detailing.
fanny pack/ work in progress.
gungir kneepads/ work in progress.
chest from foam with small foam details and plates/ work in progress.
shoulders from pep and foam detailing / work in progress.

pictures to follow :3

it got crushed? : O
sorry to hear that, but it is indeed a good way to start over and make it even better, good luck

ok its been a while since i updated but wonder if anyone can help :)
im having a little problem with bending foam as i cant work out if i have to cut on the outside or the inside to bend the foam on a joint ty :)

Hey, that's a cool gauntlet, from which Halo game is?

Isn't it a little too big? My first gauntlet took me 16 hours and at the end it's too long.... can't bend hand but elbow yes otherwise can't bend elbow but hand yes hehehehe that sucked a bit but I'll use it as a trial for fiberglass and resin XD

Keep working like that!

ahh ty :) and naaa not that big kinda goes right once i add the jacket underneath :)
and its the pep that kirrou has made which i think is from halo 3 odst and is also used in reach :)
also how is best to cut the foam mats as i am having trouble getting a nice clean cut ... at the moment im heating up a scalpal with a bowl of boiling water and useing that to cut it but is there a better way ? or just cut it and sand it down with a dremil ? :)

ahh ty :) and naaa not that big kinda goes right once i add the jacket underneath :)
and its the pep that kirrou has made which i think is from halo 3 odst and is also used in reach :)
also how is best to cut the foam mats as i am having trouble getting a nice clean cut ... at the moment im heating up a scalpal with a bowl of boiling water and useing that to cut it but is there a better way ? or just cut it and sand it down with a dremil ? :)

Well, I haven't used foam right now, I don't know exactly what do they use to cut it, but I think it's a very sharp blade or even a X-Acto Knife for smaller pieces, try looking around the forum there are many projects made out of foam, they can help you better than me XD.

Think about having all the 405th members with finished armors in one place, this would be really amazing!!! An army of Spartans and ODST... I'm drooling just thinking about it XD

have you tried heating the foam with a hair dryer to soften it up then bend it to the right shape? that is depending on what kind of foam you are using

I used heat gun to heat and bend the foam piece into shape and I use a small snap off box cutter and a small knife sharpening stone to sharpen the blade every few cuts to get a nice clean cut.

that would be pretty awsome :)

and ahhh ty for the advice :) im useing the 2and a bit cm wide floor matting that you would find in a gym from argos :3

and is there any other advice that may be helpful for undergoing a foam build ? :)
im thinking of not glueing down as much as i can and just using strapping to hold it together for a bit of movement instead... any advice or would glueing be better ? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back