Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcasticheavy

So in my previous posts I done the helmet, but some things went wrong with my personal life and the helmet got thrown away. But new starts and all, lock down made me try again, as of now the legs and chest are done (ish). Any tips on how to make the paint job look better? Also any ideas on what odst to make it? I was thinking of going for a E.O.D or snipper look but open to other ideas, plus any ideas on how to pull off the look hopefully will be able to post some more when I can get motivated again!

Attachments

• IMG_20200531_001654994_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg
    IMG_20200531_001654994_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 177
  • IMG_20200531_001643631.jpg
    IMG_20200531_001643631.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 175
  • IMG_20200512_224252142.jpg
    IMG_20200512_224252142.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 182
  • IMG_20200512_224248237.jpg
    IMG_20200512_224248237.jpg
    698 KB · Views: 166
Sorry to hear about your struggles. On the plus side, it looks like you’ve learned a thing or two! Looking awesome so far!

For the paint... it depends on what you are looking to do. Do you want a fresh and clean ODST/ Marine that just graduated from the academy, or a grizzled veteran who has been through some things? If the latter, you’ve gotta give it some wear and tear details.

I believe there is a technique where you paint the armor with thinned our black paint then wipe it off before it starts to dry. Which leaves dark edges at your creases and recessed areas. Maybe some metal scuffing for detailing? Insignias? The devil is in the details.

I believe there is a technique where you paint the armor with thinned our black paint then wipe it off before it starts to dry. Which leaves dark edges at your creases and recessed areas. Maybe some metal scuffing for detailing? Insignias? The devil is in the details.
Yep, the glorious technique that is black washing. If you wanted, you could also do it in multiple colours, for example a black wash first, then some muddier colours after. I'd also recommend trying something like Rub n Buff right on the edges, or if you can't get that, a bright metallic paint. You can use a cotton bud to apply it too.
Great work by the way!

Yep, the glorious technique that is black washing. If you wanted, you could also do it in multiple colours, for example a black wash first, then some muddier colours after. I'd also recommend trying something like Rub n Buff right on the edges, or if you can't get that, a bright metallic paint. You can use a cotton bud to apply it too.
Great work by the way!

You could also use a toothbrush......I forget who I saw doing this but he took a toothbrush, sprayed silver spray paint on it and brushed on some scratches. He did it several times to get deeper looking scratches, but make sure not to "Paint" it on. then it gets blotchy. Brush it on and keep it inconsistent looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back