New To Building

Status
Not open for further replies.

FHMENDOZA

Hello all,
This is my first build for cosplay ever. I am trying to make a Halo Reach Suit with Eva foam. The templates provided are from what I see tailored to pepakura. Is there any advice anyone can give me to transfer it to eva?

When I did my reach suit it was my first foam build also. I tried to make my thread kind of step by step, so I'd recommend you follow through it.

Sean Anwalt's Mk V build

Turbocharizard has a build thread that is awesome as well, and definitely way more chock full of experience.

TurboCharizard's Halo Reach CQB Build Log

I will say, with great emphasis, you NEED to have SHARP BLADES and a Sharpener. That is imperative. Lol

Published props, evil Ted, and others have great tutorials on YouTube for working with foam. Definitely look them up.

Otherwise, keep us posted with updates! Great group of guys on here always willing to help.

When I did my reach suit it was my first foam build also. I tried to make my thread kind of step by step, so I'd recommend you follow through it.

Sean Anwalt's Mk V build

Turbocharizard has a build thread that is awesome as well, and definitely way more chock full of experience.

I will say, with great emphasis, you NEED to have SHARP BLADES and a Sharpener. That is imperative. Lol

Published props, evil Ted, and others have great tutorials on YouTube for working with foam. Definitely look them up.

Otherwise, keep us posted with updates! Great group of guys on here always willing to help.

Thank you very much!!

Sean Anwalt's Mk V build

Thanks for the shout-out friend.

To add onto this, a steel straight edge will make your first build look like you're punching way above your weight. The trick to convincing armour is clean seams and having perfectly flush surfaces that meet up make this a breeze.

If that goes poorly (everyone makes mistakes) check out Lumin's Workshop Foam Clay and Woodland Scenics Foam Putty to fill gaps and surface imperfections. Those are both sandable and flexible so they're perfect for foam fixes. They're a bit spendy but they go a long way.

Good luck with your build FHMENDOZA and keep us posted!

Aside from a sharp blade, clean edges, which are sound advise from TurboCharizard and Sean Anwalt, you are going to need patience. Think of this as a marathon rather than a sprint. Take your time and don't rush through pieces. A piece that you take your time on, is as obvious as one you rush through. Welcome to the 405th FHMENDOZA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back