New to the Forum!

Discussion in 'News and Updates' started by FANGS, Oct 17, 2018.

1. FANGS

FANGS Commanding Officer Community Staff Division Staff

Heads up guys! There are a few changes you might be seeing this morning. Art has kindly added for us the new homes for our first two Battalions - Washington Battalion in Pacific and Magic Iron Battalion in Southern along with a new Regiment - Singapore Regiment!

I still need to go in and add all of the members to each group so the set up is not yet complete but we are very excited about this additions! I hope to get those people all set up today!

2. FANGS

More new stuff!

Art and I met on Google Hangouts for about 2 hours on Sunday and got all kinds of stuff done.

First - we have our third Battalion - Delta Battalion within the Canadian Regiment!

Next, I now have the ability to add people to a Battalion so you'll see folks around that have an extra name under their Regiment. Art still needs to tinker with the formatting as he wants the logo and name to be indented (right now only the name is so it looks odd) but you'll see Canadian Regiment and then under that Delta. We've dropped the "Battalion" because it makes the name too long to fit on one line. You'll also see staff of the Battalion with a BCO/BXO right under their forum name. If they are also a Regiment Staff Member they will be RMO & BCO. There isn't another banner to show that they are Battalion Staff at this time.

Also, coming very soon if you are Deployed you will see your DIN Number listed just above the Trophy Points!

I had Art do some forum tweaking and there is more to come to make this place even better. You've likely noticed the new forum called "Halo Tutorials". As has been pointed out, that has a pretty broad meaning. Maybe too broad but at the moment it's staying that way. I still have to get it tweak a little more as no one should be able to start threads in there, but you will be able to post in already created ones. Over the next little bit I'll be moving over all stickied posts from the costuming area so they are all in one spot and allow the forum sections to show new posts at the top instead of having to scroll through all of the stickies. We may be doing some further tweaking to make the categories in that area more broad so that you have less forums to open to see new posts. Some of the current sections are used far less than others and posts in them seem to get overlooked. Combining things will hopefully make reading the forum much easier.

There is a new upgrade coming in the next 6 months, hopefully sooner. We'll be moving to 2.0. The timing is going to depend on a lot of things but basically once Art is done with the move to this platform on the RPF, they are starting back at the beginning with the smallest forum and working up to do the upgrade. This upgrade SHOULD give us our member map back. This forum is 3rd in line.

3. Dirtdives

Dirtdives RXO & Keeper of Con Lists 405th Regiment Officer Community Staff

Another great migration........

TurboCharizard likes this.
  4. FANGS

Ha! Nope not a migration, just an update to the latest version. The site will likely be down for a couple of hours but we'll give you guys the heads up when that is planned.

TurboCharizard likes this.
  5. Dirtdives

Sorry....it was a type-o.....it should have said Great Migraine-tion......

Badkitty, Sean Anwalt and PaiganBoi like this.
  6. TurboCharizard

TurboCharizard RMO & BCO 405th Regiment Officer Community Staff

A GREAT JOURNEY.

Sean Anwalt, PaiganBoi and Dirtdives like this.
  7. PerniciousDuke

PerniciousDuke RXO & BCO 405th Regiment Officer Community Staff

I love Dirtdives new title!

love what's to come as well. Thanks for all the work!

8. Dirtdives

OH OH OH!!!!!! I didn't even notice!!!! I love it also!!!!! Go Team DD!!!!!! Thank you Agent Washington RXO & BCO PerniciousDuke (Dam....tired after typing all those letters).....Thank you ADMIT!!!!!!

9. TurboCharizard

There's so many new titles floating around! It's great!

Well done FANGS and Art Andrews!

10. Sean Anwalt

Sean Anwalt RCO 405th Regiment Officer

Can my new title read: "Supreme Overlord"? :lol:

Going to be interesting with the new changes. I like the idea of the stickies and tutorials all being in one place. Trying to get to the active threads on some of these forums is CRAZY!

11. FANGS

Uhhhh no you may not. That's one of my many titles. Geesh.

Badkitty, Dirtdives and PaiganBoi like this.
  12. Sean Anwalt

group shock.gif 3cd8a33a.png

Badkitty, Dirtdives and PaiganBoi like this.
  13. Dirtdives

14. Sean Anwalt

NEVER! Total corrupting power or nothing!

Hahaha jk. Supreme under-lord should be just fine.

TurboCharizard and Dirtdives like this.
  15. TurboCharizard

You got that one wrong, it's "MYSTERIOUS DARK LORD OF FIRETEAM OFF THE RAILS"

TheCostumeGeek and Dirtdives like this.
  16. FANGS

First off, I'm not wrong. Second, I'm not wrong. Third, I said one of my MANY titles.

17. Dirtdives

I like my title......Thank you Supreme Overload FANGS, Mistress of the Dark and Puppet Master of all you survey

18. serenko3

serenko3 RCO 405th Regiment Officer

It suits you well

Dirtdives likes this.
  19. serenko3

serenko3 RCO 405th Regiment Officer

BTW congratulations

Dirtdives likes this.
  20. Badkitty

Badkitty Member

Thanks Dirtdives for all your hard work and don't get smacked by FANGS!!!;);)

I don't know about that clipboard picture though...o_O

Dirtdives likes this.
  21. Sean Anwalt

PerniciousDuke and Dirtdives like this.
  22. Dirtdives

Thank you

Thank you and yeah the pic was only temp.....I'm a sucker for a girl in full body armor, so I'll have to put in another one.

Nah.....that looks too much like my regular work......this is fun.

Badkitty and Sean Anwalt like this.
  23. Schankerz

Schankerz Well-Known Member

Goodness gracious that's now a majority of Fireteam off the rails incorporated into the Community Staff now, soon enough we'll all be mindless clip boards as well...

24. FANGS

As some of you have now noticed, there are a few of our regulars who are now running around with new title banners of "Community Staff". And as Schankerz has noticed, they are all members of Fireteam Off The Rails. While I do have a soft spot for all of my Fireteam boys, the decision was made to create this new set of positions based on the things these guys were already doing for our community. Over the coming weeks, there will likely be more added to the team.

As I said, these guys were already doing what I am now recognizing them for officially. Certainly there will be a little more structure and actual duties but for the most part, they are just going to keep doing what they were doing before. None of them EVER asked to be staff. None of them even ever asked to be recognized or thanked but I am thanking them all from the bottom of my heart for their continued contributions!

Dirtdives continues to be our Keeper of Con Lists.

PerniciousDuke will continue to be the Keeper of Tutorial Lists but he's also going to work with me for awhile to get our forums in shape so we can have our Tutorials in one spot etc.

TurboCharizard is frequently posting on Instagram and Facebook so he's going to be helping out arma358 with social media stuff.

Benton188, ZP180, Badkitty and 6 others like this.
  25. Schankerz

Schankerz Well-Known Member

6ea44b7486dd1769b038ebf93a1f411b852ff374r2-320-180_00.gif