New to the Forums planning Halo 3 MK 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakin

Hello Everybody

My Name ist Benjamin and im from Germany and want to start my a new Projekt after i finished my Mandalorian Armor.

Due to the fact that im from Germany my english is a bit messy and i have to ask many questions about stuff people normally get easier ;)

Ive read about pepping and armor building for some time now and although i dont have the skills i wanna give it a try.

The hardest part for me to understand at the moment is scaling and making pep files ready for a foam build and i dont know where to look into it at the moment.

My plan was to make a foam Build but im not sure right now. If somebody wants to fill me in that would be great.

I have to get space in my working place this weak and after that i try one of the both methods, depends on what i understand. (I would prefer the foam Build but im a dork at pepakura stuff and cant find some done pep files)

I will Post as many Progress as i can so that i can share my experience with some other people from Germany.

Thanks for reading and enjoy :)

Hey Benjamin,
Feel free to ask as many questions as you want. The 405th is here to help! For your first build i would suggest either doing a low def pep build or a foam build with templates. With the low def pep it is easier to put together, and if you see that it is easy for you you can always add detail later in bondo. As for the foam build it is easier as the pieces are usually bigger and it is cheaper than going through the pepakura building stages. Of course in the end you'll have to decide whats easier for you and what will give you the results that you want. Good luck with your build and keep us posted!

Thanks for that. I try to keep this thread as busy and as pic heavy as i can :)

If anyone wants to help me with scaling and foam templates (especially where i can get them) i would appreciate that.
I tried to read into it myself but i just didnt really get it.

Hi,

Greetings from Germany to Germany.

I startet with a lot of reading here, seaching youtube videos and then just startet with one part. After some practise and building every part more than one times it is getting better :)

Just don´t loose the fun while building.

Hi, I have also just started Mark VI armour (i'll start a thread when i actually start building). I got my foam templates from the list on the main site and am using the Halogoddess guide to scaling. Here is the link HaloGoddess' "How To Scale" and More Tutorial
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php?t=31627

"I'm just a witness"

Tahnks for that. The scaling thread ist awesome and helps a lot. I found the file archive, but i couldt find specific templates for a foam Build :)

The scaling thread really is great. I know that there is one specific thread with the files posted, let me see if I can find it.

"I'm just a witness"

That's all I have, given that I haven't started to do my build either. But I know how overwhelming it can be trying to find the files you need.

I look forward to watching your progress..

"I'm just a witness"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back