New to the show!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cujo3131

Greetings 405th'ers....

New to the boards....

Background: Sci-fi nut and school teacher. Stuck in the middle of nowhere in the "Frozen Tundra" and no I am NOT a cheesehead. Have some graphic skills and some 3D modelling skills... always been a fan of knobs and button and switches...and helmets...buckets fascinate me... maybe it was all those stormtroopers I collected as a kid...yeah a bit of techy geek. Currently in the process of building my own kitcar but looking to branch out into other fun ideas...new to the prop/costume area but very interested in learning new skills and sharing what I learn... I am a teacher after all ;)

Long time blender user and totally fascinated by this pepakura stuff... but understand I have a LOT of reading to do to "get up to speed" Patience with this nugget.... I look forward to a long stay and enjoying the fun!

thanks for looking!

Cujo3131

Welcome to the forums, Cujo! The methods used here evolve all the time as we experiment with different processes, so there's no one right way to do things around here. There's the classic resin/fiberglass/bondo method, mudglassing, rondo, smooth casting, and now the new foam method that Timecon, Ben Streeper, among others are branching off into. As you say, just keep reading and ask questions. Again, welcome!

Mroreo:

Thanks for the welcome! Been a 3D user for many years so I think I will take to this pep stuff pretty well. I downloaded Kirrou's unfold of the ODST Rookie bucket and was looking at that in the Viewer. I printed out pages 1-4 on regualr paper just to see how it worked. Obviously I am going to need to read and figure out scaling cause at the default print size I don't think it would be big enough to fit my 9 yr old. Just more to read and learn :) But being a bucket fan.... This is going to be a fun experience! and I know I'll have questions....

Again....thanks for the welcome!

Cujo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back