New to this, and don't know where to post a Mass Effect costume question

Status
Not open for further replies.

invintive

I'm new to this whole costume building scene, and I'm interested in making Mass Effect costumes for me and my wife. Where should I ask the following?....

I've done quite a bit of research, and found the templates I want to use (Narayas N7 Armor ). The problem I have is figuring out what components of a part to print and cut out of EVA foam (the templates are in photoshop format, because I know photoshop and there is a female template). The parts (i.e. front torso/chest) are broken into several layers with individual components, but when looking at actual photos of built armor it doesn't look like I need to cut out every component individually (i.e. some components appear to be all one piece when looking at armor someone has already built). Was that too confusing, or can anyone help me?

Thanks

First of all, welcome to the 405th. Secondly, until you reach infantryman status which is usually around 100 posts or so, (that's not always the case so don't hold me to that) the only place you'll be able to post your work is in the noob forum. Don't take it personally, it's just where everyone starts out. As for posting links to other forums, it's not a big deal. And as far as your mass effect question goes, I think alot of people layer the foam to get the desired effect using different sizes of foam. I would print it all then determine which ones you want to use for which layer. I hope I helped answer your question some what, if you need further assistance, please ask! :D

Thanks for the warm welcome! I think that is a good starting point, just printing everything, and deciding for myself what/how to layer everything.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back