New Type of Cast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam

Forum Founder
Member DIN
S800
Over Christmas I had broken my wrist snowboarding. I of all people know not to put your hands down to catch a fall, but sometimes its just a reaction you have no time to think about. oops.

59d9ee850a.jpg

Nothing major, but stops the armor making process in it's tracks. The dark lines on x-ray usually are cracks, see if you can tell where the fracture is. (goes around the other side on other xrays... but this shows what's up)

Wow, that sucks Adam. :(

One time, my sister was at dance (Tap) and she fell and tried to catch her fall. She fractured one of the bones in her arm. People still laugh when they hear that she broke her arm in dance. :) Get well soon.

Ouch well explains why I couldn't get a hold of you over Christmas... snowboarding... i am jealous. Broken bones, I am not.

Sort of looks like the fracture is right where the two arm bones meet up. Isn't there some cartilage there as well? If so, did the fracture tear the cartilage?

I don't know personally, but I hear that takes a long time to heal. How long did they say to keep the cast on?

Well, get well and take 'er easy.

-Magnum

I had my wrist broke in the same exact spot when I was in grade 7, doing the exact same thing for the same reason >_>

It doesn't take a long time to heal 2 or 3 weeks max. Just try and keep it elevated a little to stop the swelling and try not to use that hand too much. I made the mistake of playing video games all while I had my cast on and now my wrist makes a clickity click sound whenever I move it a lot.

Get well soon Adam.

how many times have you been snowboarding? after a while your instincts change an you start falling on your butt, now i have a bruised tail bone. :confused:

i lived in colorado for 12 years... been plenty of times. usually have wrist guard gloves on, and fall on my butt/elbows. Just a quick wipeout.

ouch dude, im a pretty good freestyle skiier (sorry if that sounds big headed) but i broke my finger time before last, so i got some poled with the releasing strap, that helps allot, but the way you fall on snowboards is either your bum, wrists or fact from that i can tell. looks easy to break things.

Adam said:
i lived in colorado for 12 years... been plenty of times. usually have wrist guard gloves on, and fall on my butt/elbows. Just a quick wipeout.
let me guess, you went to wolf creek pass. that's where i go.

Last edited by a moderator:
It allways sucks to break your bones...

But lucky it is'nt anything worse... My elbow twisted 180degrees and a piece of a bone fractured off... i was in the hospital for 6months and had 6 surgerys.
Just to tell you it isnt the worse that can happen!

-Fin(n)ish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back