New Ways To Coat Resin

Status
Not open for further replies.

scandomfo

So today I went to my local HomeDepot to get some paintbrushes and since the economy has been screwed up, the price of it has increased by 30 cents or so. In the long run that kind of gets back at you for the price of it being so high even though you can only use it once and thats it. I'm thinking of new ways to resin my armor without having to buy a crap load to finish it. Any ideas?

SoullessSin said:
So today I went to my local HomeDepot to get some paintbrushes and since the economy has been screwed up, the price of it has increased by 30 cents or so. In the long run that kind of gets back at you for the price of it being so high even though you can only use it once and thats it. I'm thinking of new ways to resin my armor without having to buy a crap load to finish it. Any ideas?

well what I have been doing is buying the brushes with longer hairs so that you can cut them right above the hardened resin. it usally gives you the ablility to use the brush three times.

Last edited by a moderator:
TwitchFMX8811 said:
Go to walmart in the paint section and get the small foam brushes they are $.38 a piece and no hairs left on your pep ;)
My biggest issues with foam brushes is that resin seems to eat away at it fairly quickly, and instead of small brush hairs, you now have chunks of foam stuck to your model.

Last edited by a moderator:
i never had that problem then again im grabbing it by the foam and not the stick and if the foam comes off with it i just pick it off no problem

I tried the foam brushes and they like fall into pieces when you brush it ): like little foam thingies on your piece

I use foam brushes, sure one time use, but they're only 40-50 cents at walmart/menards, and they seem to last longer than a normal haired brush. I can use 2-3 cups of resin in one day with just one foam brush.

Acetone or Mineral Spirits clean uncured resin out of your brushes. I've been using the same two for weeks.

i have a cup of lacquer thinner and i place my hair brush into it after every use. the thinner prevents the curing resin from curing. and as long as it is in the thinner it will last until i need it again. then when i do need it i just look the other way and shake the thinner out of it outside and the brush is usuable for oh god...i dont know how long i've been using this same brush.

Same. However, I do prefer the use of hair brushes. It spreads it out so nicely.Usually, I just dip a bit in and cut off the end until I have no brush left.

- Adulese

Hair brushes? :lol: I'm afraid to ask what you use your toothbrushes for. Sorry for arguing over semantics, but I believe you mean bristles, not hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back