New Wip Odst Weta Style

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonny Nny

So, I decided that my pepping skills have gotten me to the point where I can now do my first full suit, so I've started a piece.

100_0050.jpg

Anyone wanna guess what I've started? I'll post up what I'm making when I've got it assembled.

**Updates:

Got the chest assembled. Used Belakor's file for the chest. it's a wee bit small so I may have to rebuild with a slightly larger scale, or just mod the head-hole.

Front!

100_0053.jpg

Back:

100_0051.jpg

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
Its the WETA ODST torso piece!

AARRGGHHHHHH!!!!!! i only just woke up!!!!!!!!! i wanted a cookie..... :(
antway, do you have any more progress pics?

Last edited by a moderator:
FalseKnightmare said:
AARRGGHHHHHH!!!!!! i only just woke up!!!!!!!!! i wanted a cookie..... :(
antway, do you have any more progress pics?

Knightmare you would have gotten a cookie because you've built this already! lol

Pics are being posted in a sec.

looks nice. i just got done resening mine and my head dosint fit eather. im going to cut it in half at the sholders after i glass it and put in a hinge made out of webbing so i can open it and give me some more flexability. i also think i can make the opening bigger this way by adding some glass work sort of like what rube did with his but with a hinge.

SavvyTank said:
looks nice. i just got done resening mine and my head dosint fit eather. im going to cut it in half at the sholders after i glass it and put in a hinge made out of webbing so i can open it and give me some more flexability. i also think i can make the opening bigger this way by adding some glass work sort of like what rube did with his but with a hinge.

Thanks thanks :D

I didn't even think about hinging it or using glass to make the opening bigger. Well actually I was thinking about cardboard or something and resin/glass over...so that works.

Once it done, just cut it and put some kind of an hinge or a strap/velcro.

The lower portion of the back should still be just above your belt.

DYSTORTED INC said:
I'm liking your style my boy. Looking killer as usual, keep it up.

BTW hit me up on XBL next time your on.

I tried last time you were on man! LOL

Thanks much Dystorted, I'm gonna be doing the chest pieces either today after work or this weekend, probably some resining tonight, gotta reinforce the thing with some cardboard first.

Wow...ADD ramble.. Haven't done that in a while.

Alright!

Mini-update! Just started resining and decided to take a couple pics and show you guys how I do things so I can get some opinions.

100_0063.jpg

Okay, so you guys notice the mass of resin right there? Yeah, that's one of my techniques I've been using to strengthen things that are flimsy, not using glass, there's gonna be a layer of that on the inside as well. But before I resined the outside (It's only got one layer right now), I put that in there, kinda slush casting-ish and let it harden, then I had very little flexing going on while applying in that area (which would have been a big pain because it was sooo bendy).
I know I could have used supports or something, but this was quick and easy.
Here's the rest of the pics (all 2)
100_0064.jpg

Thru the hole

100_0062.jpg

From the back (it's gonna be so rock solid when I'm done)

Alrighty so it's been a while since I updated this thing...

Anyways, right to it:

I've scrapped the chest, for now, kinda. It's still in one piece and sitting in my room, I'm debating on going with just a soft under-armor and adding the packs to it. The other idea is finish the chest the way it is and use as little soft armor as possible. Still working out that idea.

The chest is in the "Done with glass but not bondo'd stage."

The actual news:

I've started my helm! I went with the original unfold of the Rookie. Since everyone else will probably do the Dutch. I'm cutting and gluing as I go, so my plan is to do an all-nighter and completely glue this bad boy. Here's the current status:

100_0070.jpg

Oh yeah, the other thing that slowed me down. If you look just above the paper, you can see the missing keyboard on my laptop.... Never and I repeat NEVER drink soda by your laptop, it's a bad idea. (Curse you Mountain dew!!!) Luckily it didn't kill my lappy because I shut it off in time.

Lemme know what you guys think. And I'm sorry if I necro'd my own thread.

Woo hoo! Major update!

I finally finished my bucket! I was up like all night assembling this bad boy. I decided to attempt the Rookie, and I did pretty decent. I used Robogenis' file because it was out first, then I used a bit of Ral Partha's file as well, because there were some parts that were to complex for me. I should be resining it tonight.

Lemme know what ya'll think. (I know there is lots of warpage on the front top area.)

While assembling

Photo-00831.jpg

The front

Photo-00841.jpg

The Back

Photo-00851.jpg

The Side

Photo-00861.jpg

Nice front angle

Photo-00871.jpg

Looks like a great job on a tough build. I'm stuck carving the lines into my NZ-TK helmet (mainly because I dont like the beak on the new helmets), and I wish it had them built in. Can't wait to see one of these things completely finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back