New Wip Odst Weta Style

Status
Not open for further replies.
I scaled it to 290mm. That's about the size I scale every helm to and they fit me perfectly each time. Well, my Mark V I scaled up to 300, because I was gonna make it for a friend, but he didn't want it, so it's mine now.

lol really i think i under stand lol no i do.... or do i?

well its looking great. my first project is ODST coz there bamph!!!

keep on truckin!

UNICORN wiht RABIES said:
w8 sorry im asking questons but u scale width highth or what

btw sorry 4 all the ?'s

I scale it by height. That was for the original unfold tho.

I usually measure my head and see if the dimensions match to the dimensions of the pep.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the double postage here but I have a video update!!! I decided to break out the camera and shoot a lil video.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a13sDKsqeO4[/media]

Okay so here's a low down on what I've been doing.

Bucket: Rookie is resined, in and out, and I should be glassing tonight when it cools down (Vegas gets so hot). (Using a combo of Rundown's original and Ral Partha's unfold)

Chest piece: bondo'd, and still working out the fine details. (Ral Partha's Unfold)

Sholders: I've just assembled the first one, so it's pepped, and before I resin it I'll make a second. (Using the model created by Nightshade and unfolded by 222)

Lemme know what ya'll think of my progress :)

SavvyTank said:
its looking good. im peping my sholders right now and yours look good.

Thanks Tank.

Oh, and if anyone was wondering why it's blue, it's because I use 67lb cardstock instead of the regular 110lb. I find it easier to work with.

Damn, really nice work.

How did you originally come up with the 290mm measurement, just measure from the base of your jaw to the top of your head (vertically) and add a few mm? I've been using reference pictures to see where individual parts start and end on the body, but the head (behind the helmet) in Halo 3 isn't visible at all.

ponchato said:
Damn, really nice work.

How did you originally come up with the 290mm measurement, just measure from the base of your jaw to the top of your head (vertically) and add a few mm? I've been using reference pictures to see where individual parts start and end on the body, but the head (behind the helmet) in Halo 3 isn't visible at all.

Yep that's exactly what I did. It's really easy actually.

Vinny da spartan said:
How are you going to make the custom visor

My plan is to make some kind of a mold out of the visor that's in there after I cut it out, and strengthen it. and then cast it out of couple layers of clear plastic. Hopefully it'll keep the shape.

AssassinGT said:
that looks awesome! Keep it up

Thankies thankies!

I should be posting updates later today. I'm currently pepping my second shoulder and after that I'm going to start on the new forearms and shins. I'm thinking I'll just strengthen everything after it's pepped.

ah, i wished i used this pep file.... the NZ model is making it to hard to work with it... did you have padding inside?

i am haji said:
ah, i wished i used this pep file.... the NZ model is making it to hard to work with it... did you have padding inside?

I put a small layer of egg-crate type padding on the inside of my helms, it helps keep everything steady.

As soon as I start the bondo work I'll post the updated helm pics.

I recommend the file that was re-unfolded by Ral Partha if you do the Rookie helm.

Wow, its really looking good!

Are there 2 different unfolds of the new Rookie helmet? Can you send me the links to the one you did because it doesnt look too hard :D

Im deffinately subscribing to this thread because I think you might end up on the elite forums if you keep up the good work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back