New Xbox Controller Project Natal

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like a meritable concept, however, it's just Microsoft trying to compete with wii's motion control system.

Gamers complain that wii's motion controls aren't very pleasing, even with improvements. What makes project Natal seem so much better? The wii mote is only about 6 inches long. thats already barely any controller.

With Microsoft's fatal "red ring of death" I wouldn't be so sure about a flawless gaming system controlled by motion.

finally, this project is only an attempt to eliminate Nintendo and sony from the gaming industry. While the concept is revolutionary, the wii sells more consoles than both Microsoft and sony hand over Fist. I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo was coming up with something like this even before project Natal, as they began using the idea to use motion controls for a video game system( not saying that the idea hasn't been out there).

In short, project Natal looks amazing, but as a die-hard Nintendo fan and a keen observer of the seventh generation console wars, I believe it is only a small step of great things to come from all sides of this war...

Shooting at the screen with home made Halo Weapons would be fun, but am I going to need to walk on the spot to move forward?
All these questions.

Sure, this is an awsome concept, but I dont like the idea of pretending I'm holding a wheel and gearstick while racing(which appears in one of the videos). It's a more realistic experience WITH the wheel.

I bet this is bug prone and ends up like an eye toy clone (in the way in was only really for mini games).

I hope Microsoft know what they're doing!!!

ARCsaber987 said:
Shooting at the screen with home made Halo Weapons would be fun, but am I going to need to walk on the spot to move forward?
All these questions.

Sure, this is an awsome concept, but I dont like the idea of pretending I'm holding a wheel and gearstick while racing(which appears in one of the videos). It's a more realistic experience WITH the wheel.

I bet this is bug prone and ends up like an eye toy clone (in the way in was only really for mini games).

I hope Microsoft know what they're doing!!!
You can always use somthing that resembles a wheel, i have an old go-kart wheel i can use, and who cares about fakeing a gear stick ? lol And being able to scan your own items, like that guys skate board is prety freakin awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:
delta38 said:
You can always use somthing that resembles a wheel, i have an old go-kart wheel i can use, and who cares about fakeing a gear stick ? lol And being able to scan your own items, like that guys skate board is prety freakin awesome!

Just get ready for when (if ever) this comes out, that it will not work as "prety freakin awesome" as id does in the fake video.

caution may not work like how video is shown *
if they did that to how it saids in the video and then say 2015 i'm guessing it's far from the completed objective .

i'd think i'l wait till the next gen consoles are out for me .

Just wait and see where they go with this and if it'll work. As for the RROD problem, I hope they've already thought of that. If it works as advertised, I can't wait, if it doesn't then MS had better run for their lives because they might have an angry mob on their hands.

I think it will be cool, if it works that is. Though 2015 is a long time to wait.

Kaya Tetsu said:
I think it will be cool, if it works that is. Though 2015 is a long time to wait.

I'd be more impressed if they made a 360 that LASTED till 2015!!

Well, when it comes to the racing game I just hope that they can make it so that you actually have to drive like driving a real stick, clutch and all!

I think this is a good concept but it will definitly be bug prone which is the reason it is coming out in 2015. I would prefer to have a better version of it later than a bad version next year. I do have to say i am a bit skeptical. I do think it would be fun however i am not a huge fan of moving around and working up a sweat while playing video games, i go outside to do that. I have to say it seems way more cool that you can do that stuff, just think u could control any electronic from anywhere, you could hit the snooze button on your alarm clock from across the room, or channel surf with you hand, no more looking thru the couch for the remote.

I think it could be fun for a while but it does bring up some questions about controlls, do i have to walk in place to move and what about turning around, if i want to about face to see a target could i still see the screen, changing weapons also seems hard, but i do think it would be very fun to see a grenade on the ground, scoop it up then toss it, or dive out of the way of a truck. Sleath games would also be amazing with this concept,

so i am glad that microsoft is taking their time with this and perfecting it, and i dont think that it will put nintendo out of business (maybe sony) because nintendo has a different target market than microsoft. Nintendo games tend to focus on younger kids (dont attack me because of this, i know there are games that everyone loves, i personally couldnt live without mario cart, or super smash bros) but i do think that microsoft will gain a large market share because of this.

The Stig said:
Project NATAL.

Is this win?

It's done what the Wii has failed to do.

Aswell as the Playstation eye.

It's the future. It doesn't get much better than this.

Facial Recognition

Voice Recognition

Full body sensor

Useable with many games.

Share thoughts.

I would find this a very good thing for machinima and making good taunts in halo 3 but for gaming... sorry but I work out and I like to sit down, play and relax.

I dont want to wave my arms like a spastic seizure induced zombie...

Where did you get 2015?

Wikipedia:

..Though Microsoft has not officially announced any price or release date projections for Project Natal, it is expected to be released in late 2010. Project Natal will reportedly also serve as the basis for a "new" Xbox 360.

I realize Wikipedia isn't the most reliable source.. but there's still no official release date.

I think by 2015 it's safe to say we'll have a new set of next gen consoles.

NATAL won't be a new console, and will not require any opening of your Xbox or modifying it.

I'm expecting 2010-2011 as a release date. Any further, and they might as well just delay it to the next gen consoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back