New year, New suit

SSGLordBert

Member
Been awhile since I made a post. But I’ve been really busy. Baby on the way, getting a new job, and football season (lol).

But I have been busy on the side… working on my next Mk7 armor!!

Got a few things in the works. Updated printing. Better filaments. Better tuned printers. And overall I’ve learned a lot from my first armor. With ideas from SlenderDummer and theMakyr, I’ve combined some thoughts and progressions into my next set.

Here’s a taste.
04EA944C-DDA7-44C4-B172-5DBBEE6785BC.jpeg
2D2B46D1-200C-4FAF-8421-4CC4681B5F27.jpeg
B4842869-2E6A-4703-B683-D2339D0DD954.jpeg
19252D09-2D47-4D2F-9D15-C58D9B88872A.jpeg
E6A2AF64-FA87-4DC0-A684-A5953C534EA4.jpeg
24E4AC7B-A264-462D-80AC-2D8E4E06246B.jpeg


::update:: 2/3/23

Decided to do a little crossover with this set. Drew some things up on my iPad and designed some resin stuff. Here’s the concept colors. Note: this is just colored with my Apple Pencil, no actual painting has been done yet.

E7AC047A-F70E-4FE7-BC3E-AAFCBC86D508.jpeg


And if you still haven’t quite put your finger on it… lol

42B61744-A2C6-45A8-989C-4C1229D17A9E.jpeg

D83C28BF-A57F-47C1-B634-EB988CEEFBBA.jpeg


::update:: 2/5/23

Another concept coloring done. Check it out.

35A67729-8D9C-43AD-8CA9-E660DA3EBA47.jpeg


::update:: 2/15/23

I keep forgetting to put my updates in an edited post instead of a straight reply lol. But here is the finished product of the shoulder piece. I’m super satisfied with it.

9E2E4ABC-089A-4BA6-9B9A-C9123CEF262A.jpeg

384380AE-8B20-49C5-A805-C273D9AF34A6.jpeg

0FD52D82-5688-4A87-944F-F081D8300D67.jpeg
 
Last edited:
What kind of magnets are you using - the *clunk* in the video makes them sound super strong.
They are just some 3in iridium magnets I got from menards. I sunk them in on the back side so that they were flush with surface and had a layer and a half of PLA between them.
 
::update:: 2-14-23

Even with the excitement of my daughter being born last Tuesday, I was able to do a little bit of painting while she slept. Got the banished shoulder going, not 100% done, but getting there.
2A23A849-9CE4-41A9-815A-1E6E399D82BD.jpeg

Got it all spray painted to the default colors. But then… tried a little something new. I used some graphite powder to weather in and add metallics to it. Still a little shiny in the pic, the clear coat is still drying. But end result should be pretty dope I think.

5925A743-C548-4189-B292-187B7EBBD177.jpeg
 
Love the lights!, whatd u use the defuse it, I'm adding lights to my kit and am trying to find the best way to defuse the lights.
I just printed the diffusers on my elegy Saturn 2 resin printer. In a white resin. I then painted the white with soul stone blue technical paint by citadel. The paint is very thin so it just coats thin enough for light to still come through.
 
::update:: 3/3/23
Helmet has been inducted into the painting process. I, like with the shoulder, used procreate to color the helmet first, to get an idea of the finish result. I do have to take into fact what the graphite powder will do to the colors afterwards. Some parts have to be black to achieve a certain look. But some will remain black. The base colors have been painted. Just got to do the details and the graphite.
7CF8234D-1EF6-4DD5-94BF-8E8AA8FFC1CA.jpeg
F7C7873C-EAE8-466D-80FE-094430AE5DEF.jpeg
C1947D39-3435-4B73-87FD-5F9B612BEC22.jpeg
8711F5CD-9475-49F3-B18A-26B4C8F9AF6F.jpeg


Then this is the work so far

C5C72828-6A21-46F9-8778-F076FFAC54E6.jpeg
 

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back
Top