Thank you for offering to step up, Camjay
According to our Mantle, the position of RCO is described as follows:
Regiment Commanding Officer (RCO)
- The chief administrator of the Regiment
- Responsible for the operations of the Regiment and the coordination of events that occur within the Regiment’s boundaries
- Responsible for maintaining communications with the Division Executive Officer (DXO)
- Appoints the remaining Regiment officers, any additional staff, and administers local forum rules
- Principal representative of the Regiment membership including the Battalions under the Regiment
- Responsible for Regiment merchandise submission to the Division Identity Officer (DIO) for approval
- May delegate duties as needed, but ultimately responsible for their completion.
For your reference, the RXO and RMO are described as follows:
Regiment Executive Officer (RXO)
Regiment Membership Officer (RMO)
- Performs duties as assigned by the RCO
- Assumes leadership of the Regiment in the absence of the RCO
- Responsible for reviewing official member costume compliance
- Oversees Regiment member information
Basically, you are the link between your members and 405th Division and you organize all events for your Regiment (or at least task your other staff members with duties pertaining to events etc.)
We generally have monthly meetings via Google Hangouts between Division and the RCO's (or RXO/RMO if the RCO is unavailable) and it would be your responsibility to pass along any information from those meetings to your membership. As well, you would be responsible for keeping your membership apprised of any changes to procedures that come from Division and making sure that your Regiment follows those procedures.
Basically, you do the stuff so that events run without a hitch, your membership has all of their questions answered and everyone can have fun.
It's as time consuming as you want it to be. Certainly there is a minimal amount that should be expected by your membership that allows you to keep apprised of what's happening, keep Division updated with what is happening in your area, and keeps your membership happily attending events and in the loop. Certainly there will be times when real life intervenes and that is understandable, however, you are expected to keep your membership and Division in the loop and, if necessary, have your RXO or RMO attend monthly meetings etc. on your behalf should it be for an extended amount of time.
You will have access to an email address just for your Regiment which you will use for communication with event organizers etc.
You will also be in charge (unless you task another staff member with this) to run both the Facebook Group and Page for your Regiment. The Page is the public facing page where you can attract new members and show off what your Regiment has been up to as well as share what other Regiments have done or what has been posted to the main 405th page. The Group is the members only area that you can use to remind your members when they need to look at something on the forum. It is not intended as a place to organize events nor should it be the main source of communication. It is a secondary source to this forum. For example, if there was a big event coming up in your area, you would post to the members only group to let everyone know to check out the forum and give them a link to the right thread so they can quickly head over.
In short, it's not all that complicated but really is a very important role to fill. Your members will depend on you to be the "one that knows".
Sound like something you'd like to do?