Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Star Wars? pfft. Halo all the way.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

phenry

Jr Member
So I'm trying to brainstorm up a few ideas for next Halloween's costume, and I've narrowed my choices down to all involving Star Wars. I want to build most of the armor via vacuum-forming (I don't want to do fiberglass again), so that narrows down the choices a little bit too. Now I kinda want some opinions as to what build thread you guys would want to follow most. I have it down to:

Galactic Marine
450px-Galactic_marine.jpg

Not as much armor as the other troopers, but more fabric pieces = more sewing. These would probably be the easiest since I could outsource the sewing to my gf or possibly mom (I'm still that guy :cool), but would definitely be the least recognizable to the general public.

Phase 1 Clone Trooper:
CVD_ClonePhase1.jpg

Definitely a lot of armor molds to create, along with a fair amount of material to go through. Minimal undersuit needs though (could just use my old MC pieces), and easily recognizable to Halloween party goers.

Snowtrooper
snowtrooper.jpg

The great thing about this guy would be that some parts can interchange with the Galactic Marine (chest I know for sure, probably helmet with some modifications). Pretty much same concerns as GM though, but a bit more popular in the Star Wars galaxy.

BARC Trooper
Clone_Scout_Trooper_01.jpg

Probably the same amount of work as the Snowtrooper, and has the same shoe/calf armor as the GM, and probably more recognizable too.

So that's what I have it narrowed down to. Let's hear the 405th's opinion on things.

I don't own any of the pictures bee tee dubs.

450px-Galactic_marine.jpg

CVD_ClonePhase1.jpg

Clone_Scout_Trooper_01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I say go with a GM most of them carry around Heavy Weaponry like a Gat Cannon or go with a Snowtrooper, even though I voted to help you out this topic still should have been put in the Creation Discussion. Also if it helps you any I run a Star Wars Pep Site http://pepakuracollection.wikia.com where you can find files for some of these characters.

I say go with a GM most of them carry around Heavy Weaponry like a Gat Cannon or go with a Snowtrooper, even though I voted to help you out this topic still should have been put in the Creation Discussion. Also if it helps you any I run a Star Wars Pep Site http://pepakuracollection.wikia.com where you can find files for some of these characters.

My bad, I thought Creation Discussion was more for specific questions or progress rather than hypothesizing. Thanks for pointing me to those files, they'll definitely help when I start making the molds.

Make whatever you like the best. That way you'll be sure you won't get 1/2 way through and lose interest.

People looking at the costume will 'get it' or they won't. Those who understand will appreciate what you've created, even if its a bit obscure. Everyone else will think you're a Storm Trooper or an Autobot anyway.

i would like to see the clone but the Episode III style cant find any photos but i think the clones from episode III are cooler :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back