Next Halo Author Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sean Bradley said:
Slightly related: Two book announcements in two days: Halo 'Encyclopedia" announced by DK Publishing.

Halo Encyclopedia Shoots for Bookshelves this Fall
Not much info other than that. Sounds like it should be an excellent reference for us.
Might have to suit up for the release of these books... :lol:

I've been emailing bungie about making this one for a while. Thank god it's being done.

Last edited by a moderator:
DK Publishing, fine reference book publisher of things all things useful, historical, mundane and incredibly nerdy, will pack 350-plus pages worth of Halo universe material into the encyclopedia. With topics ranging from characters, weapons, vehicles, equipment, and locations from each and every Halo game, no piece of Bungie-spawned lore looks to be unexplored. The publisher pegs the book's release for November, but retailers show a mid-October date.

Well.... I guess I know how I'll be spending my october ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I can see both sides of the argument, knowing more about the forerunners would be fascinating, but at the same time take away a lot of mystery and kind of humanize a group that stands near godlike due to the series.
I would very much like to read it, simply because I think the Halo series of novels so far have been pretty good. They do read very dry at some points, but part of that is because describing naval battles is pretty hard. We're talking about giant spaceships shooting cannons at eachother, which when illustrated on paper is had to interpret visually.

And i totally agree with audio books. I love them. I'll put a few on an Ipod and make my road trips a whole lot more intresting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back