Nintendude's Emile WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendude

Ok here we go been a little while since I had a WIP thread on here. The parts in the photo below are from where I hired VShore100 to build these parts for me, and I have ACDCRockr209 building the other parts I am in need of. Once I have all the pepakura parts togehter I'll resin them inside and out with smoothcast, and then make the desision of whether or not I am going to make molds of all the pieces or not to just cast the armor and parts for other people. I'm mainly doing this for myself for a convention this coming September in Arkansas called Glitch Con.
2qkuey1.jpg

The fun part here is if I can get 10 people intrested in a suit of armor and raise funds from each person, that way I can pay for the molding and casting materials for a suit for each person. That's the possible plan for this suit but it's mainly a suit for 1 or 2 conventions and when those conventions I attend with the suit are over the suit get's donated to a charity.

I'm going to bondo the helmet then when I go to make the skull I'll make some deep cuts to see through, either that or I have a plan to mold the helmet and cast the visor in clear plastic and the rest in urathane plastic trim the area around the visor area for where the clear plastic cast visor will go in at , and airbrush mirrchrome for the visor.

I'm going to bondo the helmet then when I go to make the skull I'll make some deep cuts to see through, either that or I have a plan to mold the helmet and cast the visor in clear plastic and the rest in urathane plastic trim the area around the visor area for where the clear plastic cast visor will go in at , and airbrush mirrchrome for the visor.

I like that idea. I hope it all works out. Gonna keep watching this one :)

You know you gotta figure, I'm the only major Halo costumer in Arkansas, and for my tiny little town on Halloween this is gonna freak some hicks out. But the kids will love it.

You know you gotta figure, I'm the only major Halo costumer in Arkansas, and for my tiny little town on Halloween this is gonna freak some hicks out. But the kids will love it.

Lol, I'm the only costumer (as far as I know) in my small town too, so Halloween is gonna be a lot of fun! :D

What's bad is a few years ago I had a TIE Pilot costume and there's a event called Toad Suck Daze that happens in a town near me so i decided to go down in the costume to take photos with kids for fun, was'nt taking any money at all or anything and had two cops approach me telling me to remove the costume or go to jail. Needless to say I don't have that costume anymore it upset me so much I sold that suit. What state or city are you in Nayr?

Got almost all the parts resined the other day I have a plan for the inside but it's not bondo/rondo or fiberglass going on the inside let's just say I've found something better.

Got almost all the parts resined the other day I have a plan for the inside but it's not bondo/rondo or fiberglass going on the inside let's just say I've found something better.

Ok you got my attention....Better???

Well don't make us wait to long. Out with the pic's all ready :D I'm sure it will look great.

Edit: Links Please, It sounds like something I'd like to look into. Thanks

It's called Henry 547 Unipro Skimcoat it's almost like concrete, lot less weight though, easier to brush and sand the outside of a item, easier to coat the inside of something with then let it dry to a grey color and it's good for trooping I dropped a piece from about 4 feet and did'nt even crack, it has about the same weight as rondo inside a part. I would still coat it with a little resin though just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back