No more lurking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidGTodd

Hello everyone, My name is David. I'm 30 years old and have been a fan of the Halo series since the beginning. I have been a short time lurker of this site and I am always amazed at the builds you guys manage to achieve. I decided that I wanted to build a set of spartan armor about a month ago and started doing the research. This obviously led me to this forum. I have decided to do a pepakura build of the Mark VI armor from 4/5. I gathered my materials, purchased and downloaded pepakura designer 3, and set about figuring out my sizing for the print. The armor files that I downloaded were from master designer and are extremely detailed. The helmet has 200 pieces and is very tightly packed onto the 8.5 x 11 sheets of paper. The scale seemed close to what I needed so I went ahead and printed the helmet. Now that I have a few pieces together I think I'm going to have to figure out how to make it a little bigger. I'm 6'6 so I probably need to re-scale the helmet. Some of the pieces filled the 8.5x11 paper so I'm not sure what I'm going to do about that.

I'll post some pictures when I get back to my house. I just wanted to say hello and start logging this journey. My goal is to go to one of the Comic-Cons. I have never been and think it would be an absolute blast.

Thanks for reading and I can't wait to meet all of you!

I hope to see the progress of your build. I have also been a lurker. But I've been lurking for a couple of years lol. I joined recently to start up a state to be a part of one of the divisions...

Yesterday I purchased some 11"x17" paper so that i can proper scale the pieces. I started assembly on the helmet and I just feel that it is too small.

Yesterday I purchased some 11"x17" paper so that i can proper scale the pieces. I started assembly on the helmet and I just feel that it is too small.

I know the feeling, I undersized my helmet a few times. There are guides out there that may help you properly size the scale of the helmet. Most helmet sizes should be around 280mm tall.... But if you need to change the scale in Pepakura Digital Designer, go to 2D menu, change scale, and scale factor. Adjust one setting and the program will auto adjust scale.

Hope this helps.

There is also this, http://www.405th.com/showthread.php?t=14886

My 11x17 paper has arrived. I will work on scaling the helmet tonight and hopefully get a good start on the pep work.

20150728_223859[1].jpg20150728_223929[1].jpg20150728_233416[1].jpg20150728_233427[1].jpg

Well, it's a start. I'm happy with the scaling so far. This is my first pep so I'm learning as I go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back