Noble 6 (S-B312). . .a WIP MY WAY. . . Eventually Pic Heavy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. All my best wishes and prayers for you and your family.

My sympathies go out to you.

I'm so sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers go out to you my friend.

My condolences good sir....thoughts and prayers with you and your family.

-Matt

Sorry to hear, best wishes to you and yours.

So sorry to hear about that bro I know how much it can take it out of you. Take your time to adjust and if you need us we are all here for you.

My prayers are with you Spartan.

Praying for you!

Like drack said, we are all here for you buddy :)
Best wishes to you and your family man.
We will be here waiting when you are ready to return *big man hug*

Very sorry to hear that, and I wish you and your family only the best.

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. All my best wishes and prayers for you and your family.

My thoughts and wishes go with you..

I'm sorry to hear about your mom, Spartan. :(

thats the last thing anyone wants to hear :( best wishes mate

Thanks so much for all the kind words and condolences. They are deeply appreciated and I feel very grateful to know that the community here cares.

I'm obviously still dealing with everything and it will take quite some time to make sure that all i's have been dotted and t's crossed. I'm going through a bunch of things right now trying to get things figured out, but I really do appreciate all the support from everyone here. It's nice to know that people genuinely care. Reality I think finally set in when I went to pick up her personal possessions and cremains yesterday. Until then I guess I just kept thinking to myself, "All I need to do is figure out how to wake up." That's obviously not going to happen and life will continue. It will just take some time to get it all worked out. Thanks again to everyone.

Until Next Time. . . Keep Building and Make It FUN!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just keep on pushing forward brother. We all got your back :)
we will be here waiting when you return too

I'm very sorry for your loss. You have my condolences.

I just learned today :-( My thoughts are with you man!

Just keep on pushing forward brother. We all got your back :)
we will be here waiting when you return too

Thanks guys. I appreciate the kind words and support.

To get to some things that were left lingering without an answer before my mom passed. . . .

And 127, why wouldn't you just make that little part that sticks out the top of the biceps out of Eva foam? Fast and easier than peping it, and pep could easily warp in comparison to foam. Just something to consider on the next bicep. But otherwise, looks awesome so far!

Thanks for the compliments. To answer your question about making that little stem piece out of foam. . . I actually am planning on doing those little do dads out of something other than pep. I wanted to pep one though so I could actually see the details of it and see what the best alternative would be or how the foam would need to be cut out I guess. I just needed to let my OCD take over and do one so I had some physical reference. :p

I totally wish i could give you ink lol, this way we can see more awesomeness.
Im also glad that you didnt lose that file you were working on. :)

I wish you could give me some ink too. LOL!!!!! I actually have a stock pile of ink now. I had to buy a lot when I was printing out stuff for my mom's passing. So, I'm set on ink. I am also glad that the work I did wasn't lost because of a PC glitch. That would have been the worse thing that could have happened up to this point in the build I think.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Alright guys. . . I'm still down, but not out. It's taken a little longer than expected to get paperwork that I need to try and finish all this stuff up with my mom passing away. I've been so busy with phone calls, insurance companies, attorneys and work that I haven't had time for much else. I've taken next week off to try and button up as much as I can so that I can try to have some sense of normalcy again. It may be a couple more weeks (next week included) before I can get back on the band wagon on this build. I've kind of given up on trying to complete this by Halloween because of recent events. Not that I was pressuring myself to finish it my then, but I am hoping to have something for a Texas con next year so I can go hang out with others all dressed up.

I feel as if things came to an abrupt stop and I do apologize for lack of progress. I'll get something up when I'm able and will try not to disappoint. :D

Again, thanks for all the support. I think that is the best thing about this community. . . the support and willingness to reach out and help. All the comments and kind words and thoughts are truly appreciated.

I feel as if things came to an abrupt stop and I do apologize for lack of progress. I'll get something up when I'm able and will try not to disappoint.[/B]

I would say that there's never a need to apologize for a "lack of progress", but especially not in a situation like this. As always, the project is completely yours to do at your own pace, one of the (admittedly many) perks of a hobby like this. We'll be glad to see anything you have to post when you get back to it, and I've yet to see an update of yours that disappointed.

Glad to hear things are going as well as can be expected though, and I'm sure we're all looking forward to seeing any updates on your build. Hopefully when you're able to get back to it, it'll help bring that sense of calm and normalcy that you're looking for.

I would say that there's never a need to apologize for a "lack of progress", but especially not in a situation like this. As always, the project is completely yours to do at your own pace, one of the (admittedly many) perks of a hobby like this. We'll be glad to see anything you have to post when you get back to it, and I've yet to see an update of yours that disappointed.

Glad to hear things are going as well as can be expected though, and I'm sure we're all looking forward to seeing any updates on your build. Hopefully when you're able to get back to it, it'll help bring that sense of calm and normalcy that you're looking for.

Thanks for the support, Halex. It is much appreciated.

this build is of epic proportions love it great details are awsome

this is awesome! makes me want to rebuild my 6 with some of your pep files

I appreciate you taking your time to read through this build. I really do appreciate it. I would also like to thank both of you for the kind words about the progress that I've made on it. I would like to caution you two about necro-posting though. The thread has been dead since my mother's passing and to this point, I have not been able to make any more progress on it since before that happened. Since the last posting was back in August it is frowned upon to post comments on something that is otherwise inactive. Again, I do appreciate the comments and the time you took to go through the thread. When I get back to it once things have settled down and my personal affairs are back in order, I hope that you tag along to see my progress.

OK ladies and gentlemen. I have recently found some motivation, but an injury to my right leg (a torn calf muscle) and my son breaking his right wrist a couple weeks later in football practice have put things on hold again temporarily. I figured that I would let everyone that wants to know that I am going to be starting up again when I'm on my feet and medical bills are compiled and paid.

However, in looking over the previously built portions I have some issues with them. Despite my scaling them to get them to fit me with the under suit that I was constructing, there isn't a lot of room left for other details, mobility and overall comfort I would want if I were going to be wearing this thing for extended periods of time at cons or around the neighborhood:p. Just because what I scaled fits me doesn't mean that it is proportionate I guess is what I'm trying to say. With all the mix matches I've made with parts, things just aren't looking right to me. Because of my particular body type it makes scaling a lot more difficult and time consuming having to export and change stuff in other programs and then import it back to pep designer and unfolding everything again on my own. It's definitely been interesting to learn those different aspects of building things like this and my hat goes off to everyone that does it day in and day out. I have mucho respect for y'all and give you props. Even after scaling and building the parts they just aren't proportionate and despite my best efforts are really causing a problem with being able to move around.

So. . . . I'll be doing something that is extremely ambitious and time consuming. I've picked up some things and have done a lot of research since the beginning of my self-imposed exile. My aim is to make a 100% custom suit. There will be body casts, life cast, sculpting, mold making and casting of armor pieces involved. The mediums I've decided on using are inexpensive (but yes. . . . They are more expensive than doing a pep or foam mat work up), but I need to find someone within driving distance that carries the stuff so I do not have to pay out the wazoo for freight shipping for clays and stones in bulk. Since the project will continue, but will be a different process than pepakura and things of that nature, I'll start a new thread when the time comes for the project to begin. Building something like this in this manner has been a thing on my bucket list for a very long time and overall, I think it would yield a higher quality end product that is worth it in the end. My ideas are simple. Body cast and life cast taken from me. Use the body cast to sculpt the undersuit. Mold the undersuit and cast it in urethane (much like the Forward unto Dawn Masterchief's suit was) then put it back on the body cast so I can begin sculpting the armor pieces. Mold all the armor pieces individually and cast them in poly foam. I'm thinking that the majority of the molds to be taken will be out of polyester resin with gel coats or stone (Ultracal 30) to help with costs. I don't think that I could afford molding all of this stuff in silicone, even though it would be a much better way of doing it. I haven't decided on exactly what to cast the helmet out of yet, but it would most likely be poly foam or smooth cast. This would make everything custom fit and I could work out all the proportions and since it would be made specifically for me it would be very comfortable to wear for extended periods of time. Hot yes, but comfy. I would definitely need to wear a cooling shirt under it and restroom issues will need to be addressed, but I think I can make it work. Weight I figure will be another concern but I am normally wearing 25-30 pounds of equipment daily for work and on certain days I wear 60+ extra pounds. So I figure I can work through the weight issue with no problems.

I'm always open for ideas and encourage anyone to help so if anyone from newbie to elite status has any ideas, comments or suggestions PLEASE speak up and let me know guys and gals. If anyone is actually still paying attention to this thread or checking on it from time to time to see if I'm still alive I really appreciate that a lot and hopefully will not disappoint with the upcoming project(s).

I applaud you for striving for the best possible suit you can make. I also applaud you for pushing through all the trials throughout this build. I feel like just through reading this thread I already know so much about your character and sense of perseverance. I commend you for sticking it out though all the hard times and still providing us with some amazing work. You have motivated me to resume building again, thank you for that. I can't wait to see this new thread of yours! Best of luck to you sir!

I applaud you for striving for the best possible suit you can make. I also applaud you for pushing through all the trials throughout this build. I feel like just through reading this thread I already know so much about your character and sense of perseverance. I commend you for sticking it out though all the hard times and still providing us with some amazing work. You have motivated me to resume building again, thank you for that. I can't wait to see this new thread of yours! Best of luck to you sir!

Thanks for the kind words. You're too kind. I appreciate you saying that I'm helping you get back into it also. Glad I can put some motivation out there too. LOL!

I have found a place in Austin (what I would consider driving distance :p) that carries the WED Clay and all the stone (Hydrocal White and Ultracal 30)!!!! Now I just need to make the trip there to pick up all of that and see if I can find a place that carries polyester resin in large quantities so that I can pick that up too. No one around me has anything larger than a gallon. After I get everything picked up and started I should be able to get a new thread up to document my process on everything. So stay tuned. . . .

Holy crap, he's back!

Glad to see you around again, with a new plan and everything. Given what you've already been through on this build, I know it must be hard to think about starting over but I applaud your dedication to making it the best it can be. Looking forward to seeing the new process!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back